DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Oahu, Hawaii - HVX Users!? Need HVX's For Shoot! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/67215-oahu-hawaii-hvx-users-need-hvxs-shoot.html)

John Garcia May 12th, 2006 03:28 AM

Oahu, Hawaii - HVX Users!? Need HVX's For Shoot!

Attention all Honolulu, Hawaii HVX Users!! Just wanted to know if there was anyone else here in hawaii that has an hvx!? i have a project that im working on and i am in desperate need of a couple more hvx's... i have 2 already... but an upcoming shoot requires 4...

also, id like to connect with the HVX users out here in hawaii who are currently shooting with the HVX and using P2. We're going through the process now, and will be broadcasting our new shows shot with the HVX, and im not aware of anyone else out here that is...

if there's anyone out there! hollar at me!

thanks,
john

Dean Sensui May 12th, 2006 04:13 AM

John...

Did you pick up an HVX?

I didn't. Not yet. But I'm looking to do some screen tests with one to see how well it'll pull a green screen matte. I'm planning to do some composite work in the near future and would like to know what this is capable of doing before I commit.

Mahalo, and good luck on the upcoming project!

Larry Price May 13th, 2006 05:09 AM

I don't have a camera of any kind yet, so I can't be of much help to you, but I look forward to hearing more about your project, and seeing it when you broadcast it.

Let us know more about it when you have time, and good luck!

Regards,

Larry

P.S. I'm not "The Coach" from KSSK...I just happen to have the same name! ;-)

John Garcia May 15th, 2006 09:24 PM

thanks for the replies, folks!! dean, yes, i picked up 2 of them. theyre freaking awesome. p2 works flawlessly for me and im pretty happy with the cameras so far. havent shot any green screen stuff yet...

we should meet up one day and take some test footage...

hit me up sometime!

larry, are you interested in television!? do you shoot? edit?

John Garcia May 15th, 2006 09:28 PM

oh yeah, anyone else here in hawaii have an hvx? :) we need 1 more! :) reply with rates! :)

Dean Sensui May 15th, 2006 09:33 PM

John...

I'm on the verge of ordering one. Found a very good price from a local dealer who also services them: Video Engineering. Sam Hee arranged for the Panasonic demo the other month.

Email me and, if you're interested, we might be able to discuss rates, etc.

dean (at) hawaiigoesfishing (dot) com

Good luck with the production!

John Garcia May 15th, 2006 09:44 PM

you've got mail! :)

Larry Price May 16th, 2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Garcia
larry, are you interested in television!? do you shoot? edit?

John,

I'm a computer network consultant for small/mid-size businesses, going through a mid-life crisis and my 3rd or 4th childhood! As much as I love computers and hooking them together, I've felt for a long time that I wasn't satisfying my creative urges.

I'm a television addict, and have always been fascinated by what goes on behind the camera, and how great TV programs are made. For now, it's something I'm pursuing as a hobby or possible side-line, though if I could find a way to make a decent living at it, I'd seriously consider changing careers.

For the last few years I've been reading everything I can find on cameras, lighting, editing, etc., just trying to learn what I can. I eventually want to do both shooting and editing. With the advent of NLE's, I see editing in particular as a possible way of applying some of my computer skills to something a bit more creative than corporate data centers.

Larry Price
Bored MCSE ;-)

Dean Sensui May 16th, 2006 02:45 AM

Larry...

I spent the last quarter century as a newspaper photographer. I always wanted to do TV production and an opportunity came up -- and here I am doing a weekly fishing show.

Of course there was a lot of prep work that came along during the last dozen years or more. But when the chance came along, I was ready for it.

So if you want to get into it, then I'd say by all means. Prepare, and then make the jump when you're ready. And in this town a name like yours would probably help open a lot of doors along the way! :-)

John Garcia May 18th, 2006 04:29 AM

lol...he's mcse... it cant be all that bad! hehe...

bump!