HVX 200 & Firestore 100 & dropout at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 18th, 2006, 12:26 PM   #1
Tourist

HVX 200 & Firestore 100 & dropout

I have been using the firestore 100 for about 4 days. I have been shooting 720p /24 p . I use FCP 5.0.4 as my NLE - but the dropout problem occurs before I get to the NLE.
When I watch the clips on the camera LCD screen and viewfinder I see the intermittent drop-out. So then I transfer the
files from the firestore to a folder on a hard drive and then import them to FCP instead directly importing them thru FCP - like people have suggested -
still a problem. I sometimes hear a static like sound when the dropout passes
by as I watch the clip. I hope Mark McEwan from firestore reads this thread
because it is a little difficult to get a response. I believe others must have
this problem too.
Sally Kingsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 03:44 PM   #2
Panasonic Broadcast

Hi Sally,

Please contact me off line, looks like you may be close enough that we can work this out and I can see what it is that you are saying that is happening.

Please contact me offline and let's see if we can work out a shuffle and see what is really going on. I have also asked Matt to poke his head in here.

crittendenj at us.panasonic.com

Thanks,

Jan
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:28 PM   #3
Focus Enhancements

Hi Sally,

We are investigating this dropout issue now. If I may, I would like to ask a couple of questions. Please also email me offline at mmcewen at focusinfo.com. Hopefully, we can get to the bottom of this. BTW, did you contact Focus tech support?

Thanks,

Matt McEwen
Focus
Matt McEwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

FCP upgraded to 5.1.1

Apple just posted an upgrade to FCP to 5.1.1. Has anyone tested with that level? We're considering placing an order shortly for the HVX 200 and hopefully the Firestore. Am interested in the Firestore, since it has Firewire vs. Apple's lame USB 2 implementation.

Sorry I just re-read your post and you say it's before you get to the NLE. I'm also interested in knowing what the resolution is.
Alex Huppenthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:43 PM   #5
Tourist

I have heard many rumours about firestore problems, and found this thread whilst searching about it. However I also see that this thread is 5 months old, plenty of time for improvements to have taken place.

Matt McEwen and Jan Crittenden Livingston, please give us all an update. Have the instability issues, quirks and technical problems been ironed out of the firestore? or are people still having problems? and if so what are they, and when do you anticipate a fix?

I am considering the panasonic HD cam, and I don't want to deal with the P2 thing, I'm only interested in going straight to disk so its important to me to have fluid trouble free system.

Thanks.

Malcolm
Malcolm Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 08:29 PM   #6
Major Player

Since these posts in May, Focus has issued several firmware upgrades to the FS-100 and is currently at Rev 2.0, with major advances to come in the already-announced version 3.0. I consider this to be a stable product with excellent support both from Focus and Panasonic. The drop-out issues were solved very early on. I used a demo unit for some writing about the product; I have since bought one and recommend it to my readers and clients.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 02:43 PM   #7
Sponsor: Omega Broadcast

Fs-100

As a reseller of Panasonic, Focus Enhancements, Apple, and others, I can say that I have not experienced any problems beyond normal with the FS-100. None of our customers have complained of serious problems. Most often, they have needed some help learning to use the product. We also keep the unit in our rental fleet, and it has been positively received. Most complaints boil down to user error. Always reformat the drive after offloading files. Check all the primary settings before use and you should be satisfied with the results.
Allan Barnwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders