HVX-200 and M2 Adapter Footage - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 9th, 2006, 10:04 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Dear God, Vincent, your footage is amazing! This is the most impressive stuff I've seen you do to date! Post a link to it on my site. Awesome!
Ryan Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 11:18 PM   #17
Regular Crew

wowwwwww... very impressive... well done!!!

I dont know wht a m2 is.. what is it? Also great cinematography!!!

Joey Dee
Old July 24th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dee
wowwwwww... very impressive... well done!!!

I dont know wht a m2 is.. what is it? Also great cinematography!!!

Joey Dee
Joey, m2 refers to the redrock micro 35mm adapter (www.redrockmicro.com). These adapters (mini35 being the original) result in a very close to film look largely due to the fact that FILM or SLR lenses have a much more shallow depth of field than video. Large depth of field being a very "Video Look".
Ben Gurvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Vincent, looks really great! However.. you really used the 55mm achromat? Wow... did you do any tweaking (I guess so ;o) to the adapter.. if so, what?! Would be great to hear some of the experience you gained using the M2 with the HVX... as there's quite a bunch of folks out there that have some setup problems. Thx!
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #20
Contributor

Vincent, did you do the magnet on the VF trick or did you shoot with the image upside down in your VF?
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #21
Trustee

Funny most people are commenting about the camera... the camera work is very nice but the lighting is what makes this clip, it is top notch, the only thing that is special about the camera itself is the frame rates. A camera will NOT make your footage look like this, is requires great imagination and terrific lighting. It is very well blocked and thought out too...

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:44 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Yes sure, but I doubt that you'd have so much image detail captured with a 320 x 240 webcam or something similar... ;)
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #23
Trustee

Vincent,

Echoing everyone else here, great job on everything in the clip. It's startling to see what you did with this camera.

Is it possible to post a few full size frames so we could see the full quality you're getting with the HVX-M2 combination?
Barry Goyette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2006, 02:51 PM   #24
New Boot

A 55m Achromat? Wha--?

Okay, peeps, there are noobs around here. Would you please explain some of these terms you use? I understand that you know alot about shooting with the DVX100/A and HVX200 cameras, but a fair number of people are trying to understand what's going on, whether to purchase the HVX camera (I just got one), and where to go from there as far as tweaking the camera for the best possible shots.

You know what I'd like? I would truly like people to submit their scene file info with clips they've shot. We can pop the prefs into our SD cards and shoot in similar fashion as long as the light is somewhere in the ballpark.

Perhaps there can be a forum where people can post some of their scene files, so others can actually see what's going on inside the cameras. B4 you say ... whatever... I know that much of what was shot dealt with artificial light, and it was shot superbly. But there are many scenes where info including frame rates, colors, hues, sharpness, etc can be posted, for many who shoot with these cameras.

Thanks!
Karl Ferron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #25
Regular Crew

This is excellent footage. I'm assuming that this is not the original "naked" footage from the camera, but that it has been color-corrected. (For some reason, I keep thinking I saw a tutorial or example posted regarding the fence chase scene -- but I can't remember.) Did you use After Effects to color grade?
Robert Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2006, 09:12 AM   #26
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Ferron
Okay, peeps, there are noobs around here. Would you please explain some of these terms you use? I understand that you know alot about shooting with the DVX100/A and HVX200 cameras, but a fair number of people are trying to understand what's going on, whether to purchase the HVX camera (I just got one), and where to go from there as far as tweaking the camera for the best possible shots.

You know what I'd like? I would truly like people to submit their scene file info with clips they've shot. We can pop the prefs into our SD cards and shoot in similar fashion as long as the light is somewhere in the ballpark.
Check out the Search function here. Given the number of posts daily on this forum, it's really unrealistic to expect people to explain down to the most basic level of detail on every single post. I suspect any terms you're unfamiliar with already have numerous threads that thoroughly explain them.

As for scene file info... really, that's ~not~ going to help you to the degree you seem to think it will. You really aren't going to be able to look at a clip and know whether your own lighting setup is "somewhere in the ballpark". If you've ever been on a feature set and seen the lighting by eye (or watched some behind-the-scenes extras on DVDs), then seen the final result, you'll realize that it's pretty hard to judge by the filmed result what the lighting really looked like on-set.

Ditto on hue, color balance, etc. You don't know what colors the sets/costume/etc actually were, and you don't know what the color of the light was (whether daylight or gelled artificial light). And you certainly don't know what's happened in post.

It's a bit like a Nikon calendar where each photo includes the shutter speed and aperture it's shot at....as if that really tells you how to make a good photograph. It doesn't.

The 55mm and 72mm achromats are two different lens sizes available as part of the Redrock M2 system used on Vincent's shoot. They relay the prime lens image back to the HVX's lens. There'd be further details on Redrock Micro's user forum.
Old February 9th, 2007, 05:12 AM   #27
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Pascoe
Its for a Feature, but the Cut is more for my reel then a acual Teaser or trailer because it dosn't tell story.

The Car mount Timelapse was all done 2fps with a 350 Degree shutter... very fun... but beware I just this morning had a timelapse stop rolling because of a "rec warning Erorr" I guesss becuase I was useing the 2fps Sceen file hack.

VP
I had this problem with anything rolling in real time for over 90 minutes in hacked 2fps mode
Old February 9th, 2007, 06:55 AM   #28
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Greyson
Funny most people are commenting about the camera... the camera work is very nice but the lighting is what makes this clip, it is top notch, the only thing that is special about the camera itself is the frame rates. A camera will NOT make your footage look like this, is requires great imagination and terrific lighting. It is very well blocked and thought out too...
I agree. This is a very well shot film. Well done

Andrew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #29
Regular Crew

I'm curious what scene file settings you used to get the blacks so clean. CineD I think gives you the most latitude when messing with the video in post, and it's clear that the footage was well massaged (and nicely done). So how did you get the blacks to look so good? Thanks.
Ken Willinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders