Marshall monitor stutters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 2nd, 2006, 07:34 AM   #1
Go Go Godzilla

Marshall monitor stutters

I'm using a Marshall V-R70P-HDA with the HVX.

I'm always shooting 720p30PN and going out component to the Marshall using a V-mount battery.

When doing left-right pans I've noticed the image "stutters" during the panning movement, either during recording or camera idle "paused". It even stutters on playback when there is a panning motion.

Originally I thought it might be caused by the OIS being turned on in the camera but it never is. I also checked to see if this stutter was actually in the clip, but when viewed on the LCD/EVF or when the clip is output the stutter is not there either.

Anyone else have this weird behavior on their Marshall?
Old June 2nd, 2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Go Go Godzilla

Update

Apparently Marshall does / did have an issue with this phenomenon and they addressed it with a firmware update that my unit didn't get. Mine came from B&H so it probably was an older unit sitting the shelf for a while.

Michael @ Marshall was super helpful about this.

If you're not sure if you've got the firmware update in yours, contact Marshall and give them your serial number, they can verify.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

How do you hook up the three component cables from the HVX200 to the back of the Marshall monitor? Is green also Y? I don't understand and can't find documentation to help.
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 06:23 PM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Yes, Green is "yellow". Can't remember why that is in the world of component terminology (I guarantee somebody on this forum knows the answer), but you got it right.
Old June 2nd, 2006, 11:03 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Actually the "Y" doesn't stand for Yellow. It is a technical symbol for one of the elements of the color space used in a componant connection. Here is a page that explains it much more in depth than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YCbCr

Since this is my first post I would also like to say thank you everyone for the great forum here. I've been reading and studing for a while here in preperation for getting my HVX. This is the first time I've been able to help.
Martin Iverson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders