Any rumors of a 'mini HVX' ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 24th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
I had an A1U and it worked excellent for a small camera and I used it for a lot of underwater work. Awesome little unit... Anyway, I let a friend borrow it and he later bought it from me.. I picked up an HC3 since I didn't need all the A1's features anymore and I was mostly looking for a cheap toy camera and home movie unit. The HC3 may be somewhat "lobotomized", but it's not a bad camera at all. I'm very pleased with it for the price... But I would recommend the A1 to anyone who actually wants to use the camera for professional work. It's no HVX, but as a B camera that can be thought of as more affordable to put in an underwater housing and a lot more compact for situations that need it, it can't be beat.
Thanks for the feedback on the HC3. I would probably get the HC3 if it had a mike input like the HC1. FWIW, I haven't been too impressed with the Sony 'smart shoe' mike that I'm currently using on my HC-90.

Regards
JohnG
Old June 24th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #17
Regular Crew

That video is great, me wants to see more of the Panasonic Booth girls though... =)
Pete Tews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #18
Trustee

I got the link from a moderator at hdvinfo.com. At least I can notice a focusing ring around the lens.

3CCD, focusing ring, AVCHD recording and a compact size will make this consumer Panasonic HD camcorder an attractive buy.

It like I mentioned in others posts. A Sony and Panasonic camcorder that records on the AVCHD format will indeed be revolutionary. They have worked together on the format but you will see the same rivalry that it was 2 years ago with the HC1000 and the GS400. Since GS400 killed the HC1000. Sony finally came out with the HC1 that can finally compete with the GS400 and finally took the lead.

I can’t wait to see what they are both going to offer. This makes me wonder if Canon and JVC can still compete in the consumer category.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders