DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Stills From HVX200 Test (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/70407-stills-hvx200-test.html)

Dee Joslin June 27th, 2006 07:14 PM

Stills From HVX200 Test

Here are some stills from my first shoot with the HVX. I should have my server and web site within a couple of weeks. In the meantime, I just posted the stills to my .mac account. Disregard the other photo pages of family and such. These are just exports from within FCP. I don't know if it's the best method but I'm open to other methods.

http://homepage.mac.com/ob1dj/FileSharing28.html

Robert Aldrich June 27th, 2006 09:59 PM

Well, I've got a PC, and when I log on your website and try to download an image (first one) the page just locks up with the quicktime logo.

Very frustrating, this happens on about half the quicktime movies I try to view, unless they are from big sites like Google, Yahoo, Apple, etc.

I've the latest version of Quicktime, and have read here and there on the net that it happens with other PC users as well. Apple provides no apparent support for this problem, and no other PC user that I've found has a solution for it.

Dee Joslin June 28th, 2006 06:37 AM

I read your post at work this morning where I use PC's. I went to the link and viewed the images with no problem. Nothing special about these PC'c, they are older Dell's (I've been trying to get them to switch to Mac's).

Federico Prieto June 28th, 2006 06:41 AM

Me too....I have a common PC and I can see the images without problems...

fp

Robert Aldrich June 29th, 2006 12:20 AM

That's two...any other pc users want to chime in?

Possibly it's because I'm still on dialup...but Google video, Apple's website, etc. all work just fine. I wonder if this video is encoded as a multi-speed streaming video.

Dee Joslin June 29th, 2006 06:32 AM

These are TIFF images. They were created in FCP with a QT export. They are not movies. The files are about 23 meg and take a while to load. Hope this helps.

Robert Lane June 29th, 2006 06:45 AM

R.A.

If you're having trouble viewing still images on the web then you should try:

- Clearing your temp and cache folders in windows (this requires changing your folder preferences to be able to see "system/hidden" folders)
- Clearing the history, cookies, temp, and auto-fill info in I.E. (or whatever browser you're using)
- Making sure you have the latest service pack and all the latest updates for your OS
- When was the last time you defragged/optimized your OS drive?

One utility I highly recommend for Windows users that will help you keep your system clean and identify any file/OS issues is CCleaner (www.ccleaner.com) It does all the routine cleaning in one pass and has a small diagnostic utility to help find trouble.

Do the above or buy a copy of CCleaner and run it and I'll bet your web issues clear up and your system will run smoother/faster.

Robert Lane June 29th, 2006 06:49 AM

Dee,

What mode did you shoot these stills in? 1080 or 720?

Dee Joslin June 29th, 2006 08:29 AM

It was shot in 720P/60.

Dee Joslin June 29th, 2006 08:33 AM

The stills were captured from the video from within FCP and exported as TIFF. I used photoshop to frame correct the image.

Robert Aldrich July 3rd, 2006 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=Robert Lane]R.A.

If you're having trouble viewing still images on the web then you should try:

Thanks, Robert,

I think it's just that I'm in the stone age with dialup here! I can see most still images, but a 23 meg image would take several hours for me to download!

Dee Joslin July 4th, 2006 07:11 AM

Sorry everyone, Apple pulled the plug on my homepage for going over the "transfer limits".

I guess I could pay them $100 more for "adequate" increase to the limits. Hmmm...still limited though.

That's on top of the $100 for the .mac account fee.

Hmmm...seems like alot to pay for limited space and ridiculously slow speeds.

No...no...I think I'll just move to a real web site. Thanks Apple...for helping me realize the path I must go. By the way....after spending about $10000 with you last month, I don't think I'll renew my mac account.