Frame rate issues in FCP! HELP! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old July 28th, 2006, 10:10 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Frame rate issues in FCP! HELP!

So I shot this music video in 720/24p and mixed footage shot at 60 frames (that I then later slowed down using the HD Image Converter, I was shooting to a harddrive, not P2 cards) and then footage I shot at 24 frames.

Now my problem is that certain 24 frame clips are not playing right in my 23.98 timeline in FCP. They look like a shutter or filter or something has been placed on it. It almost appears as if they're skipping...but they're not. They play fine, they just look different when I place them in the timeline as oppose to what they look like upon intially importing them.

So I created a second timeline sequence at 59.98 and they play fine there...so what's the deal? How do I correct this problem and why is it only doing it with certain clips?!

I hope to hear back from you guys soon, the video is done, I just need to fix this one problem and then I'll share it with you all as a reward for helping me! Deal? Awesome.
Jeff Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #2
Trustee

This is a known issue, the cadence gets messed up when you butt clips together. The only solution is to edit in a 29.97 timeline.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders