More HVX truth - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 12th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #76
Regular Crew

I'm keen to see your results Robert. I've just bought a HVX knowing (or believing I knew) full well that it can't handle background detail like the other cams. I've seen a lot of footage from the HVX, and everything pointed to the same thing. Very different to what I was seeing from the H1 (and HD100). And I'm not talking about differences due to edge enhancement, or upped detail levels.

Regardless, I bought the HVX (for its many other benefits). Keep us posted.
Steve Madsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #77
Go Go Godzilla

Godzilla Sorry

Did Godzilla ever apologize to the citizens of Tokyo for trashing their city? Nope, but I owe my forum members an apology!

As most of you know, I've been one of the most vocal pro-HVX voices on this forum and many of you have emailed over the months saying that the decision to purchase one was based partly on reviews and feedback that I've supplied. That's heavy. So when I started this thread saying the the HVX wouldn't work for me and, showing off some weaknesses many had a mini-heart attack.

Unfortunately it wasn't until a few days after creating this post that I realized my testing had been bungled by my own distractions, and have since recanted most of the worrysome commentary. No doubt this left many scratching their heads - and rightly so!

So I humbly apologize for making such a goof and needlessly stirring the pot with incorrect/incomplete data.

To make up for the head-spinning I'm offering to the first 10 people who say, "I want one" a free copy of my "Photos in a Flash" DVD which will be out in October. And guess what: The entire project is being shot on the HVX! So there.

So what is Photos in a Flash and why should you care? Check this out: http://www.photosinaflash.com

I'm putting together the revised color tests today and will be posting it - somewhere, not sure where yet.
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #78

I want one

Thanks Robert!

And really, I've enjoyed your thread from day one. I think that guys like you help push the manufacturers to make better products. I remember speaking with you while we were waiting for the HVX to be released and appreciated your input. I also would have read every thread you posted in the H1 forum, as it would have been interesting to see what your opinions were after having worked with both the HVX200 and H1.

For me - true 24p, 4:2:2 color, P2 and the entire workflow from shooting to editing make the HVX the camera for me (for now).

And really, thanks for apologizing, but I don't think you need to at all.
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #79
New Boot

Cool

I WANT ONE

but hey if Europe is not counted into that offer I understand :)
thanks
Narayan Van Maele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #80
Trustee

I want one! :)
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #81
Go Go Godzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narayan Van Maele
I WANT ONE

but hey if Europe is not counted into that offer I understand :)
thanks
Sorry Narayan, the International versions are probably a year or two down the road.
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #82
Regular Crew

Robert, I want one. I agree with Derek. No apology needed. I made a decision with lot's of research and I was about to make a change. When that didn't work out, I decided to add, not delete. So everything I liked about the HVX still holds. And I will do some testing of my own in Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon the week after next. As for which camera I add, that remains to be seen.
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #83
New Boot

I would like to get one.
Sukhpal Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #84
Major Player

I want one! I think my wife would really like the DVD and I'd love to see the video quality (OK, I'd probably benefit from the content as well).

www.philipwilliams.com
Philip Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #85
Go Go Godzilla

Need Hosting help

The HVX color test clip will be ready to go this evening. However, I can't post it here since it busts the file size limit.

I want everybody to have the ability to see the results as clean as possible, so I'm outputting it as full-res QT (1280x720 24p).

The finished QT file will be around 250-300MB when I'm done cutting it together; I don't have any hosting sites yet and the free services can't take a file this large.

Does anyone have a site that wouldn't mind hosting this?
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #86
Regular Crew

Oh well...

Last edited by Dee Joslin; August 14th, 2006 at 03:59 PM.
Dee Joslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #87
Trustee

Robert,
I'm just as interested in your subjective judgement about the results (which I see you have not yet revealed) than in actually looking at the files as posted on the web.
I guess I never trust web pictures - maybe that's not technically sophisticated.
So what do you think?
Leonard Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #88
Go Go Godzilla

Leonard,

I'm not posting web images this time; the full-res QT file is being put online for downloading. You can either view in QT or import it into FCP and watch it on an external monitor.

More when the file is online.

Last edited by Robert Lane; August 14th, 2006 at 07:03 AM.
Robert Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 07:04 AM   #89
Go Go Godzilla

Color sample online

Since this thread has digressed from the main topic I'm putting up the HVX color test clip in a separate thread. It's online now.
Old December 20th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #90
RED / Scarlet / DVXUser

is it too late to ask for one of your dvd's?

Jason
Jason Ramsey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders