DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   HVX Timelapse Reel (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/73518-hvx-timelapse-reel.html)

Vincent Pascoe August 13th, 2006 02:00 AM

HVX Timelapse Reel

heres the second cut I'm working on for my Timelapse reel. I need Feed back so I can cut it for my website.

download high rez 720x480 88 megs

whatch on youtube

Watch on Myspace

thanks

Vp

www.vincentpascoe.com

www.myspace.com/vincentpascoe

Dan Brockett August 13th, 2006 05:30 PM

Hi:

Nice work, how did you do the moving TL shots, handheld or with something motorized?

My only negative, too many obviously AZ-centric shots, it would be nice to see footage from more diverse areas of the country or Mexico, at least.

Keep up the good work, nice stuff.

Dan

Vincent Pascoe August 13th, 2006 07:37 PM

HAND HELD! for 40mins you have to be jokeing! yeah a homemade Mo-CO thing...

The answer to how its done is a lifetime of learning Eletonics and 6 months of Studying Motion control and Robotics. some freinds at Motarola said to make the box I wanted would cost about $10,000 to build. I Jurry riged and mygyverd something Else and "not includeing my sticks" cost less then $500.
and its in infant stage next I want to set up a Dollly rig for it. we "faked" Mo-co dolly shots on YT and I would love to do them for real. I've also been doing a lot of Specal effect testing with the Rig its working so far.

yeah your right about it all being AZ/CA my wife and I decided we need to travel more for the reel!

I think for shooting in LA I only have 2 shots of the Ocean....

any specific shots I should pull and whats your favorite I sould keep?

VP

www.vincentpascoe.com

www.myspace.com/vincentpascoe

Steve Madsen August 14th, 2006 02:37 AM

Very nice Vincent. I especially like the shot in the kitchen. Did you use a fog machine for the effect?

Vincent Pascoe August 14th, 2006 11:41 AM

yeah I have a profetional Hazzer. my wife thought I was crazy. To bad it set off the Smoke detectors. I tried to get the same affect on the Feature YT but we ran out of time.

any shots that you apsolotley hate or editing sugestions would be great.

VP

James Gleason August 15th, 2006 07:08 AM

I would prefer much slower movement, left to right. It all seems to happen too fast.

Have you seen Chronos? It's a great example of this type of effect.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...536101?ie=UTF8

Mike Quick August 15th, 2006 09:54 PM

Very cool stuff. I like the way you think. I'm amazed at how people think you need big expensive pieces of equipment to get good looking shots. I laugh when someone tells me what some things cost and I think all you have to do is(fill in the blank).

I love the nature scenes, I'm not too high on the non nature locals(there weren't too many were there?) with the people in it. don't get me wrong I like the look, but these didn't blow me away. i have to admit there were jumps in the stream and it is currently downloading and will be for a LONG time so I may be eating my words when I see it a couple of times uninterrupted. But otherwise good stuff.

I have question for you, if you don't mind. How did you access the lower than 12 frame rates? Because when I put my camera in 720p 60 or 30 as recommended, it still remains blue and I can't change it. Am I doing something wrong? And do I need a P2 card in the slot to do it? I'm learning this camera and am really stoked about it so far, except this one thing.

thanks and keep the cool shots comming.

Mike

Vincent Pascoe August 15th, 2006 10:27 PM

Chronos is great so is barakas or what ever its called. and yes a few of my shots I can't slow down the first 2 but thanks I'll try to slow down Expecaily the Sedona and Lake shots.

VP

James Gleason August 25th, 2006 10:51 AM

Slo-Mo, Mo-Co Rig

Vincent, what did you put together as a mo-co rig? I'm interested in these kinds of shots and would love to see your setup. Right now I have a 15ft track and 12ft boom, but need to bump up to a more steady action.