Redrock M2 Adapter & HVX footage - Page 4 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 16th, 2006, 12:08 AM   #46
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 76
Thanks alot fellas on the comments...

You're both right, I shouldn't think like that, to wait and wait for the next best thing I guess... it's just 8g's is not pocket change for me... the question is do I need HD or not that I need to think about...

Again the more I see the many of you working with this camera the more I am blow away by the capabilites this cam can do!!!

But most likely I will pick up this cam by spring/summer 07... I'll save a bit and get the FS100 drive as well because having 2 8gig slot cards is pretty useless if ur going to shoot HD...

So I guess the future is HD - I've read an article that many directors now are starting to work with HD (digital technology) because its very convinent and mobile...

again fellas, thanks for the comments and best wishes,
Joey
__________________
PumaTalk.com - Talk about your PUMA kicks & PUMA gear.
Joey Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #47
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dee
... because having 2 8gig slot cards is pretty useless if ur going to shoot HD...
One can record almost 40 minutes of 720PN DVCPROHD, I don't think that's useless. Also ALL of that footage can be good if you choose to erase the bad takes etc...
Pete Tews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 11:02 AM   #48
New Boot
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 22
Nice work guys. What filters and plugins are you using for color?
Ben Hurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 03:26 PM   #49
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 51
Well I do the shooting...and all I have to work with is one 4 GB card. And you say 2 8GB cards are useless. That would pretty much be concluding that my footage is worthless. Take a look at how long 35 mm film stock last. About the same amount of time as my 4 GB card. 10 min of record time. I have trained myself to be a very selective shooter and I would suggest that all of you who shoot with MiniDV do the same. It's very easy to get into the habit of just shooting everything and then deciding later. Try and do that with film and you'll get fired pretty quickly.

I'm glad I only have a 4 GB card. It's called discipline.
__________________
www.motivitypictures.com
David Eggerichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 07:12 PM   #50
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 76
Hey Fellas,

What "wide" or "ultra-wide" lense would you suggest with the M2 adapter? I have been searching and unable to find an idea of what which I should get. If you fellas wouldn't mind just to give me a hand in letting know me what wide lense you suggest (brand & mm) I'd truly appreciate your help. Ohhh and what Matte box would recommend - I know some are pretty pricey!!!

my best,
Joey Dee
__________________
PumaTalk.com - Talk about your PUMA kicks & PUMA gear.
Joey Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #51
Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,449
If you use old Nikkor lenses with the M2, a 24mm would be very nice.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #52
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Pryor
If you use old Nikkor lenses with the M2, a 24mm would be very nice.
We actually tested out a 18 to 35mm variable focal length today and got some good results. Here is the exact lens.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/1835.htm
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #53
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Dee
Hey Fellas,

What "wide" or "ultra-wide" lense would you suggest with the M2 adapter? I have been searching and unable to find an idea of what which I should get. If you fellas wouldn't mind just to give me a hand in letting know me what wide lense you suggest (brand & mm) I'd truly appreciate your help. Ohhh and what Matte box would recommend - I know some are pretty pricey!!!

my best,
Joey Dee
For ultra wide a 14mm Nikon looks pretty good, we tested one out today, it was a bit extreme but would work if that was what you were going for. We use an indiesnap matte box.
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #54
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Smoking Sections

Here's some more footage...
http://www.motivitypictures.com/smoking_sections.html
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #55
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Some more footage...
http://www.motivitypictures.com/8_hour_rule.mov

and yet some more!

http://www.motivitypictures.com/the_last_dorito_web.mov
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 11:49 AM   #56
Major Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 295
Cassidy those three videos are great. I love the editing on the last dorito.
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 02:44 AM   #57
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 223
Looks good, sounds good, flows good... I liked them.
Sam Jankis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 05:36 PM   #58
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Crucean
Cassidy those three videos are great. I love the editing on the last dorito.
Thanks Gene, to much nickolodean does that to your editing style...
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2006, 08:23 PM   #59
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 217
mic setup

David / Cassidy

In that sample footage called the 8 hour rule
what mic/audio setup did you guys use?

Also was this footage just for fun, or did you actually
do something for Doritos??


Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eggerichs
Well I do the shooting...and all I have to work with is one 4 GB card. And you say 2 8GB cards are useless. That would pretty much be concluding that my footage is worthless. Take a look at how long 35 mm film stock last. About the same amount of time as my 4 GB card. 10 min of record time. I have trained myself to be a very selective shooter and I would suggest that all of you who shoot with MiniDV do the same. It's very easy to get into the habit of just shooting everything and then deciding later. Try and do that with film and you'll get fired pretty quickly.

I'm glad I only have a 4 GB card. It's called discipline.
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 12:36 PM   #60
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters
David / Cassidy

In that sample footage called the 8 hour rule
what mic/audio setup did you guys use?

Also was this footage just for fun, or did you actually
do something for Doritos??
we used the SENNHEISER MKH 418-S SHOTGUN Mic, and it was for Doritos, plus it was for fun.
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network