DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Redrock M2 Adapter & HVX footage (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/73647-redrock-m2-adapter-hvx-footage.html)

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 07:19 AM

Redrock M2 Adapter & HVX footage

We got the m2 adapter, went right out and started shooting. This is a quick edit of all the stuff we shot.

lenses: nikon 50mm
nikon telephoto 70-200mm
nikon Micro (macro) 105mm

Buying the HVX-200 and the M2 is the best thing Motivity Pictures could have done... Now I can't wait to get in to the studio and take the time to light someone, rather than just shooting off the hip... still, great results I think. Nothing beats natural daylight.

http://motivitypictures.com/m2footage/

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 08:26 AM

I forgot to ad, this was compressed with the h.264 codec.. it's a rather large file but i wanted everyone to see the image quality with clarity...

Guest August 15th, 2006 09:07 AM

Cassidy,

I had to just sit back in my chair, breathe deep and re-acclimate to reality after watching that. Nice work.

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek West
Cassidy,

I had to just sit back in my chair, breathe deep and re-acclimate to reality after watching that. Nice work.

Thanks Derek, hopefully you can acclimate many more times..

Michael Younger August 15th, 2006 09:45 AM

the part with the construction and the crane part in the water, hot hot hot.

Yasser Kassana August 15th, 2006 10:16 AM

Damn you guys are good. Good job Cassidy, excellent editing. Would have been nice to see some un-cc'd footage though.

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasser Kassana
Damn you guys are good. Good job Cassidy, excellent editing. Would have been nice to see some un-cc'd footage though.

thanks.. yea, i'll post some raw footage soon...

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 12:16 PM

Yes the construction shots were serendipitous.. he walked outside and there they were...

Robert Lane August 15th, 2006 01:50 PM

Nice to see how much talent this forum has! Great stuff Cassidy - and I really like that you guys really get into "play" with work. How forutnate we all are to actually have a "job" that's more like play!

Mike Schrengohst August 15th, 2006 01:59 PM

Those guys at Motivity are HOTTT Shooters.....

Sergio Perez August 15th, 2006 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
thanks.. yea, i'll post some raw footage soon...

Cassidy, do you guys at motivity have any film projects (shot with the HVX) planned ? I would really PAY to see what you guys come up with... I sincerely would like to see your results on the Big screen. I'm sure people would be fooled to think they where watching film...

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Lane
Nice to see how much talent this forum has! Great stuff Cassidy - and I really like that you guys really get into "play" with work. How forutnate we all are to actually have a "job" that's more like play!

Yes. Work hard play later, or play hard work later... which is it in this business?

Cassidy Bisher August 15th, 2006 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio Perez
Cassidy, do you guys at motivity have any film projects (shot with the HVX) planned ? I would really PAY to see what you guys come up with... I sincerely would like to see your results on the Big screen. I'm sure people would be fooled to think they where watching film...

Sergio... Yea, there are a few spots where it fools me.

No film projects yet, just coporate things here and there... as soon as we come across a great script we'll think about it.

Peter Plevritis August 18th, 2006 12:02 AM

Really nice editing of great footage.

I noticed the post/mount you have on top of the HVX for the Marshall LCD. Did that work out well? What kinda mount is that? Just a threaded post?

Sam Jankis August 18th, 2006 08:50 AM

Yeah, it appears to be just a headless bolt. I'm more interested in the battery you're using with that Marshall. I've been using Vmounts with the Marshall on a tripod, but they'd be too heavy to use with your setup.