rain slicker advice URGENT at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old August 31st, 2006, 05:20 AM   #1
New Boot

rain slicker advice URGENT

got my first shoot with the hvx im doing the southport airshow on saturday/sunday the weather up north is cheery as always so i need to order a slicker sometime today to get it in time

anybody know if the portabrace rs-dvx100 is compatible with the hvx? http://www.proav.co.uk/index.php?cPa...dd6f87192f3726
Chris White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:45 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Chris

I've had three different Rain covers for my Z1:

Lugger, Petrol and now Kata.

All with the exception of the Kata are a pain to put on, don't fit particularly well, especially if you have external mics, radio receivers etc. and they make using the controls, focus and iris awkward.

The Kata cover however is much quicker to put on is quite baggy over the camera and has a see through top so you can see the controls...

Quality is nice and it's cheaper than some of the others...

Regards

Gareth
Gareth Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:00 AM   #3
New Boot

My Portabrace rain slicker came with the bag. I am not sure it is sold seperately. Rain cover is QSM-4 and bag is DV-3. I found a QSM-M4 for the DVX but I think that DVX rain covers will be to small. Mine has the entire left side as a clear plastic window and works great!

I also love clear plastic trash bags and electrical tape (it will continue to stick even when wet). I have relied on those for years and they have always proven to be water tight and customizable. Tear a hole for the lens, eyecup and mike then electrical tape around those to seal.

Good luck!
David
David Trenkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2006, 06:34 AM   #4
New Boot

thanks guys,
Chris White is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders