Motivity Webmercial, Lot's of Footage! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 26th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #16
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer
Yea, I deff dont have time to learn Maya, but After Effects Ive used a little bit. I am a simple surf and event videographer/poker savant/tee shirt designer out of V.B.! Right now I am using Vegas' inhouse titler and COOL3d. Getting ready to produce a demo dvd for distribution, try to get some work! I love this cam and Id like to get into some scripted work, but my cam usually winds up staying in the van while Im surfing. Its hard to make myself stay on the beach!

-burk
Well grab your HVX and get some surfing footage... then go here and upload and sell it, I've sold about 15 clips so far...

http://www.revostock.com/
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #17
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
Well grab your HVX and get some surfing footage... then go here and upload and sell it, I've sold about 15 clips so far...

http://www.revostock.com/
Thanks for the link man, that looks like a good idea! Now I have to get the rest of the world rockin HOGANSARMOR(the apparel counterpart to HOGANSFILMS) Ive got everybody in VB and Hatteras wearin it, now on to WORLD DOMINATION!!
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #18
Major Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 355
Cassidy, you forgot about the other stock footage website that actually pays shooters some decent rates....
And they have sold plenty of footage at $149.00
__________________
Mike Schrengohst
dvd.pro@verizon.net
Mike Schrengohst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #19
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Posts: 59
Very good work... I loved the wedding scene, the gear highlights, the Apple Pro iChat rip off :-) and the 3D animation... looks very Pro. I'm getting my HVX200 tomorrow... can't wait to get busy like you guys with it. Continue the good work... love the clips.
Andrae Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #20
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Schrengohst
Cassidy, you forgot about the other stock footage website that actually pays shooters some decent rates....
And they have sold plenty of footage at $149.00
Ah yes, that site can be found here...

http://www.motionzonehd.com/

we have sold clips here as well.
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:57 PM   #21
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 513
Hi Cassidy,

Very nice work. I'm surprised this piece emphasizes 'technology' so much, particularly the HVX and P2, given that anyone can go out and buy a camera.

You guys show some great technique and skillful shooting - there are a lot of nice shots in there, and you've done some nice work in post. Your skill set is much more powerful than the technology I think, and can't be bought.

Having said that, one tool I am interested in is the dolly you guys are using. You put it to great effect in many shots. What model is that?

Hey, keep putting stuff up, looks great.
Josh Dahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #22
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Dahlberg
Hi Cassidy,
am interested in is the dolly you guys are using. You put it to great effect in many shots. What model is that?
.
Hey thanks Josh... you can find that model here... it works great, there's really no need for a big dolly that takes hours to set up, this one takes around 60 seconds... and can hold big cameras..

http://www.microdolly.com/micro_2.html
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #23
New Boot
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8
That looked, and sounded amazing. It put to rest many issues I've had regarding the HVX200. Great work!

I'm sure you guys are extremely happy with your Maya animator. If you're ever looking for a second animator, or just a different look, here is my demo: http://www.wellsmarkmedia.com/geoffdemo.html

Thanks.
Geoff Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM   #24
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Mark
That looked, and sounded amazing. It put to rest many issues I've had regarding the HVX200. Great work!

I'm sure you guys are extremely happy with your Maya animator. If you're ever looking for a second animator, or just a different look, here is my demo: http://www.wellsmarkmedia.com/geoffdemo.html

Thanks.
thanks mark, i emailed you
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #25
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 217
Who did it and what tools were used (software & hardware) Did use a Motif Keyboard or Logic Pro.

Is the P2 card system a bit tricky (in that there is some transfer time) Is the firestorm harddrive any better.

By the way was that a powerbook being used to transfer those P2files?
If so what were the specs, and do you experience any lockups when putting
the P2 into that PCMIA slot?

I hate to repost but I got not one response and I just have these questions for quite sometime now.
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2006, 09:54 AM   #26
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters
Who did it and what tools were used (software & hardware) Did use a Motif Keyboard or Logic Pro.

Is the P2 card system a bit tricky (in that there is some transfer time) Is the firestorm harddrive any better.

By the way was that a powerbook being used to transfer those P2files?
If so what were the specs, and do you experience any lockups when putting
the P2 into that PCMIA slot?

I hate to repost but I got not one response and I just have these questions for quite sometime now.
We did it with final cut pro, after effects, maya.

P2 card system is not tricky. Transfer time is fine, better than log and capturing for hours. It was a powerbook being used. We experience no lock ups.
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM   #27
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
We did it with final cut pro, after effects, maya.

P2 card system is not tricky. Transfer time is fine, better than log and capturing for hours. It was a powerbook being used. We experience no lock ups.
Thanks a bunch I wasn't at all down talking the powerbook or you workflow
(if that impression was recieved)
I just wanted general information before I go out and buy one. Thanks for the tips is the powerbook you only editing machine?
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 02:21 PM   #28
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters
is the powerbook you only editing machine?
No, just last week i bought the new Mac Pro intel core duo (Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon) with a 30 inch monitor.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...C0&nclm=MacPro

but you have to get updates from apple so that final cut studio will utilize the new technology...
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #29
Major Player
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: NY, NY
Posts: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
No, just last week i bought the new Mac Pro intel core duo (Two 3.0GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon) with a 30 inch monitor.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL...C0&nclm=MacPro

but you have to get updates from apple so that final cut studio will utilize the new technology...
I wanted to know if at the time of the Motivity footage connected to these post if all you had was a powerbook between you and David.

Yeah the MacPro is my next move...

By the way the new magic bullet works with finalcut also there's one now for motion. Let me know if you are experiencing any issues getting Bullet to work alright.

My friend just got a Macpro 2.66 with 4gigs (don't sleep on the ram Cassidy)
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2006, 10:33 AM   #30
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Grand Rapids MI
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Waters
I wanted to know if at the time of the Motivity footage connected to these post if all you had was a powerbook between you and David.

Yeah the MacPro is my next move...

By the way the new magic bullet works with finalcut also there's one now for motion. Let me know if you are experiencing any issues getting Bullet to work alright.

My friend just got a Macpro 2.66 with 4gigs (don't sleep on the ram Cassidy)
I actually am having problems getting magic bullet to work in final cut pro 5.1.2
__________________
Cassidy Bisher
http://dropdropstudios.com
Cassidy Bisher is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:42 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network