Motivity Webmercial, Lot's of Footage! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old September 25th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Motivity Webmercial, Lot's of Footage!

http://motivitypictures.com/embracing_HD/

The link above is something we put together to help market what we are doing and the unique advantages of what we offer. I thought you folks may enjoy it. I included a 1280 by 720 (h.264) file for those would would want a bigger version.

Cheers!
Old September 25th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #2
Major Player

As always, beautiful work! You guys have a real signature look. I loved the floating P2 Card-- that cracked me up (in a good way)!

I was looking at some of your other stuff, namely "HD Wedding Reel 2"... would you be willing to share your scene file settings for that shoot? I really liked the look you guys got there.

Last edited by Matt Irwin; September 25th, 2006 at 05:30 PM.
Matt Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 05:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Guys,

That was fantastic...

I have been sitting on the fence between the HVX and the XLh1 for shooting landscape and other outdoor footage. I was concerned about the HVX not resolving far away footage. But did not want to walk away from the P2 workflow. Just being able to delete bad shots in the field as I do with my DSLR and only take the time to sort through the top 20% at the end of the day is a big thing for me. I intend on using the Redrock M2 as well. I think the footage with that combination is breathtaking. I like the form of the camera and it's interoperability with Apple.

I have one concern though. It was a post from Robert Lang that sent me sideways... Is the HVX a studio, outdoor close-up and med-shot camera only. Does it need to be in controlled lighting to work so well. Or can I follow the same principles of outdoor photography to capture a "grand vista" shot at the magic hour with or without the M2?

Opinions?

Will the HVX be the right tool or should I be looking for something else.

Once again though, fantastic job. It has been very cool to see you guys progress over the past year

Thanks,
Jay
Jay Stebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Stebbins
Guys,

Is the HVX a studio, outdoor close-up and med-shot camera only. Does it need to be in controlled lighting to work so well. Or can I follow the same principles of outdoor photography to capture a "grand vista" shot at the magic hour with or without the M2?
I think by adding the M2 to the already versitile HVX, it should meet your needs quite well, i think what comes next is a nice collection of lenses. So your covered with every focal length.

Without the M2 I think the HVX is still an amazing camera, but I think with the adapter it puts it in the "studio" category. Don't get me wrong, the factory wide angle leica dicomar HD lens is nice, but it fails to give you the S-DOF that makes dramatic cinematography possible.

thanks Jay
Old September 25th, 2006, 07:45 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I have no words. HVX200 should be proud in your hands :)
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Dramatic, educational and just plain nicely done!
Old September 26th, 2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Major Player

Nice work. The 3D elements were a little weak, I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I think they detracted a little too much, the 3D theatre scene was dreadful. I got a chuckle out of the floating P2 card though. Not so much the floating/spinning card itself, but rather the cheesy goodness of the entire shot. hehe. The bits from the wedding shoot looked incredible.
Jeff Kilgroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 11:52 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
Nice work. The 3D elements were a little weak, I'm not trying to insult anyone, but I think they detracted a little too much, the 3D theatre scene was dreadful. I got a chuckle out of the floating P2 card though. Not so much the floating/spinning card itself, but rather the cheesy goodness of the entire shot. hehe. The bits from the wedding shoot looked incredible.
Thanks Jeff, our animator just killed himself. All we are doing is making a point on aspect ratios not photorealistic animations.

By the way Jeff your website looks awesome.

oh wait....
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #9
Major Player

The HVX

Gentlemen,

The work was smooth and very captivating... What's more the audio
was great as well. Who did it and what tools were used (sofrware & hardware) I hope you didn't use a Motif Keyboard or Logic Pro.

Also I heard the P2 card system is a bit tricky (in that there is some transfer time) I heard the firestorm harddrive was a better workflow.

By the way was that a powerbook being used to transfer those P2files?
If so what were the specs, and do you experience any lockups when putting
the P2 into that PCMIA slot?

Lastly what are all the tools used in the HVX workflow
and what are the total cost (in the market and would need some figures)

Thanks in Advanced gentlemen

God Bless
Dante Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassidy Bisher
Thanks Jeff, our animator just killed himself. All we are doing is making a point on aspect ratios not photorealistic animations.
That's good he handled it so well. Sorry, I was just picking nits.

Quote:
By the way Jeff your website looks awesome.

oh wait....
ROFLMAO... Too bad I have the site pulled down. Didn't want the exposure for a while and I pulled my site and phone listings, etc.. while I worked on some long-term stuff. Maybe it's time I put it back online if I'm going to critique others' works. At least someone could return the favor. 8)
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #11
Major Player

haha, I actually would like to know which 3d program you used! I use the HVX200 with cineform and vegas 7, and im looking for a 3d program and a better titler to go with my setup.

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:16 PM   #12
Regular Crew

hey Jason, we use Maya for all our 3d animations.. and then use after effects to composite the elements together if needed... I don't touch Maya, it's too advanced, I leave that to the animator... can't do it all. After effects is plenty good for your titling needs... what do you use now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Burkhimer
haha, I actually would like to know which 3d program you used! I use the HVX200 with cineform and vegas 7, and im looking for a 3d program and a better titler to go with my setup.

-burk
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM   #13
Major Player

Jason,

I'd like to recommend Lightwave as an option. Many people find it easier to learn than Maya because it's interface is based on buttons that are text-labeled rather than icons and it has a few other nifty things that help beginners. We use Lightwave and Maya here, as well as others, but either will do fine. Lightwave and Maya both have trial versions available. Depending on your needs, other softwares might work better still

As for titles, AE is great...

Anyway, I don't want to hijack Cassidy's thread or do any more damage here, so if you have any questions please PM or email me.
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #14
Major Player

Yea, I deff dont have time to learn Maya, but After Effects Ive used a little bit. I am a simple surf and event videographer/poker savant/tee shirt designer out of V.B.! Right now I am using Vegas' inhouse titler and COOL3d. Getting ready to produce a demo dvd for distribution, try to get some work! I love this cam and Id like to get into some scripted work, but my cam usually winds up staying in the van while Im surfing. Its hard to make myself stay on the beach!

-burk
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #15
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe
Jason,

I'd like to recommend Lightwave as an option. Many people find it easier to learn than Maya because it's interface is based on buttons that are text-labeled rather than icons and it has a few other nifty things that help beginners. We use Lightwave and Maya here, as well as others, but either will do fine. Lightwave and Maya both have trial versions available. Depending on your needs, other softwares might work better still

As for titles, AE is great...

Anyway, I don't want to hijack Cassidy's thread or do any more damage here, so if you have any questions please PM or email me.
thanks for the advice Jeff!
Jason Burkhimer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders