HVX200 + SGpro r2 + Zeiss/Nikon at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 9th, 2006, 06:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
HVX200 + SGpro r2 + Zeiss/Nikon

Hello people,

my hvx is very happy the last few days :) I have purchased an Sgpro r2 and it's one of the best things i've done! I have made a quick film to test the Sgpro with my equipment. I want to share this film with you to tell me your thoughts. I used Macro Extension Tubes in some shots of this film to get the close up photography. This give very shallow DOF. Yet i was suprised at how sharp the results were. One other thing that i want to tell is that i add some vignetting in post, something that Sgpro doesn't produce. To see this thing, i'll post some uncce'd full frame grabs too.


Well, film was done with:

- hvx200e
- sgpro r2
- lenses: Carl Zeiss : Planar T* 50mm f1.4 / 85mm f1.4
Nikon: 35mm f1.4 / 85mm f1.4
- some extension tubes for macro

As for lighting, unfortunately, i have only room light, a desk light and the light that comes from a TV :D

the clip is here:

http://www.sgpro.co.uk/blue-theodoroschliapas.mov

the full frame uncce'd grabs:
http://www.sgpro.co.uk/bluegrab1.jpg
http://www.sgpro.co.uk/bluegrab2.jpg
http://www.sgpro.co.uk/bluegrab3.jpg
http://www.sgpro.co.uk/bluegrab4.jpg

I would love your thoughts.

Thank you,
theodoros
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2006, 08:27 PM   #2
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San Francisco/Paris
Posts: 121
nice job theodoro,
Imagine what you can do with real lights :)
Have you tried other 35 mm converter?
Does the Sgpro r2 spins or vibrate?
what would you change in the unit ?

your footage looks great.
e.
__________________
Sights Sounds Stories
www.tinboxtwo.com
www.reardenstudios.com
Eric Peltier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #3
Major Player
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 223
Looks pretty good. I'd like to see some bokeh tests... you know, shoot some Christmas lights out of focus or whatever.
Sam Jankis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #4
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 43
I'm really very impressed, although there seems to be a fair amount of lens breathing on some of the shots. Am I making things up, does this happen more with the Zeiss, or more with the Nikons? But overall I'm very impressed.
John
__________________
If any one knows a good on-line ordering facility for dunces caps; I'll take 20.
John Jencks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: germany, spain
Posts: 66
hey theodoros,

great job. the lightning, the tight macro framing, the edit and the music, makes it all together for a lovely small piece. LOVE the intro, with the "blue" word in such great typeface making its tiny appeareance.

Is that a Bluebird? I guess it's not a Bottle, isn't it?
You know what, just watching your short something popped up to my mind. If you have another Blue mic, you could tell a Love Story between them in 120 secs, following the same idea. try it and post it here ;-)

btw, which music is that?

did you do the fast light dimming in post?
with a mask over the circle when everything fades to black and only the ring of the popscreen still remains illuminated for a fraction of a second?
Henry Coll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Peltier
nice job theodoro,
Imagine what you can do with real lights :)
Have you tried other 35 mm converter?
Does the Sgpro r2 spins or vibrate?
what would you change in the unit ?

your footage looks great.
e.
Thank you Eric!
I have tried a my35 and an sgpro r1 except from r2. The first two only with my previous dvx, the last only with hvx.
The SGpro has a spining disk and if i had to change something, this would be the way that the unit screws on the camera.

Thank you again!
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #7
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Jankis
Looks pretty good. I'd like to see some bokeh tests... you know, shoot some Christmas lights out of focus or whatever.
Thanks a lot Sam. I'll try to make a bokeh test in my first chance.
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Jencks
I'm really very impressed, although there seems to be a fair amount of lens breathing on some of the shots. Am I making things up, does this happen more with the Zeiss, or more with the Nikons? But overall I'm very impressed.
John
Thank you John. I think that nikons and zeiss are about the same at breathing, but i have to make some more tests to have better oppinion.
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #9
Regular Crew
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Greece
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Coll
hey theodoros,

great job. the lightning, the tight macro framing, the edit and the music, makes it all together for a lovely small piece. LOVE the intro, with the "blue" word in such great typeface making its tiny appeareance.

Is that a Bluebird? I guess it's not a Bottle, isn't it?
You know what, just watching your short something popped up to my mind. If you have another Blue mic, you could tell a Love Story between them in 120 secs, following the same idea. try it and post it here ;-)

btw, which music is that?

did you do the fast light dimming in post?
with a mask over the circle when everything fades to black and only the ring of the popscreen still remains illuminated for a fraction of a second?
Hello Henry. Thanks a lot for your kind words! Yes it's a bluebird. Great microphone! Unfortunatelly i only have one mic :( Your idea sounds inderesting though :) Music track is a Charles Mingus composition.

Yes, the fast light dimming done in post.
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:42 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network