CitiDISK HD Update - New Firmware, Long Recording Fixed! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 1st, 2006, 04:07 PM   #1
Tourist

CitiDISK HD Update - New Firmware, Long Recording Fixed!

Hi everyone,

Quick update on the CitiDISK HD. We're going to release a new firmware revision in the next couple of days to resolve some lingering issues. Most noteably, this release is part of the fix for long-form recording on the 120gb models. Please send me a PM or email if you want to be on my distribution list so you get the firmware once its released. I will post full release notes once I have them.

For all current CDHD-120 Owners: We have fixed the long-form record issues on the CDHD-120 starting a couple weeks ago with a combination of a firmware fix and a faster hard drive. Shining Technology is replacing all the older CDHD-120 hard drives with the new faster ones FOR FREE. Please contact Chris at Shining Technology to arrange your free replacement hard drive and firmware upgrade. His contact email is cwang@shining.com.

As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.

Thanks,
Richard Kurtzer
ProCon Digital Systems
rkurtzer@vcom-mm.net
Richard Kurtzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 12:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Being good to their customer base.

Rich,
You may not remember me, but we met a few weeks ago at 4videoequipment.
That's good news to hear a manufacturer is being loyal to its' customers, especially so for those who feel they "took a chance" on the CitiDisk after what seemed to be prior firmware problems. Good for them.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to the firmware release that will allow the CitiDisk to recognize MXF file format. Please keep us posted on that one.

Regards,
Denis
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders