His there any word on an HVX200A? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #1
Major Player

His there any word on an HVX200A?

Based on the DVX100, it is about time. For that camera, the A upgrade was significant, with a substantial improvement in electronics and ergonomics.

David
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #2
Major Player

Why is it "about time?"

In other forums Jan has indicated that there are no near term updates planned.
David Saraceno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 11:22 AM   #3
Major Player

A year and change since introduction. I believe the DVX100A followed in closer to 16 months. And was not known more than a month or two in advance (late fall of '03). Also, JVC has updated the HD100 to 110 and introduced the 200 and 250, Canon introduced the H1, than the A1 and G1, Sony introduced its new V1, and rumours of a Z2 are frequent. HD cameras are moving to a second generation.
David Ziegelheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM   #4
Barry Wan Kenobi

But the HVX was a year later than the Z1, so on that schedule the Z1 is a year overdue whereas the HVX is current, right? ;)

Seriously, there are no immediate plans, according to the Panasonic people I interrogated at Government Video Expo yesterday. And if there are plans to update/add features, they can do that with a downloadable firmware update, so there's much less reason to change the hardware out.

There is something new coming, but not to the HVX itself, it's a larger 2/3" version of the HVX called the HPX500. That'll be out in April-ish, with 2/3" chips, interchangeable lens, HD-SDI/TC IN-OUT/GENLOCK, and all those goodies. The HVX, as it is, is going to remain current for the foreseeable future.
Barry Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 10:25 AM   #5
New Boot

Barry : are you moving up from the HVX200 to the HPX500 when it comes out?
Cees Mutsaers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Barry Wan Kenobi

Don't know. I definitely like the idea of adding a larger camera to my arsenal, but then I've got a reservation in on a Red and that may do everything I need. There's lots of action in that price bracket, lots and lots of new products coming out.

But I don't think I'd ever get rid of the HVX, there are things you can do with a little handheld camera that you could never do with a big bulky cam. So whichever way I go it wouldn't be "moving up to", it'd be "adding to."
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders