Shoulder support system for HVX at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 12th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #1
Major Player

Shoulder support system for HVX

Hi everyone,

I'm shooting on a doc here in the UK with a heavily loaded HVX and am feeling the need (in my back) for a better shoulder support system for the HVX. Right now I am using the Century Optics 15mm Wide Angle mattebox as well as a .75x wide angle converter on the front (which is very heavy) and the camera is a lot to hold for extended shots as it's very front heavy. The Century mattebox has a small swing out shoulder brace, but it's not really adequate and barely reaches the shoulder. I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a more robust shoulder brace system that would still be suitable for documentary, run and gun work -- not a large harness or system I need to get into. Thanks!

Peter
Peter Richardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #2
Major Player

You might want to think in terms of the DVRig Pro. I have used it with HVX with Zacuto baseplate and Petroff mattebox. I believe that you can also get a more heavy-duty support rod for it to make certain that it handles all of that weight.

Check it out-- www.dvtec.tv

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:19 AM   #3
Go Go Godzilla

Zacuto is also making their version of a shoulder-mount which works with the Zacuto base plate system and other accys.
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm looking for the same sort of thing. So far my top candidate is the VeriZoom VZ-DV Shock Rig. I think it will support like we need, but my question is can you get in and out of it fast?

I'm curious to what users like as well.
Martin Iverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #5
Major Player

I've got a Zacuto shoulder mount plate here to test, which I should get around to doing this week.

Ned Soltz
Ned Soltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #6
Go Go Godzilla

To continue my reply above, the Zacuto system in my estimation, is the most logical and versatile shoulder-support system currently on the market.

It is by far the most expensive since it is built around their baseplate system however, it provides the most natural balance point - as if the camera were an ENG-type - and offers the most options for mounting additional equipment.

See the sample photos: http://www.zacuto-rentals.com/hand_held.htm
Old December 12th, 2006, 10:46 AM   #7
Major Player

Second Ned's comments:

http://www.lafcpug.org/reviews/review_multirig.html
David Saraceno is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders