p2 card or m2 redrock adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old December 25th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #1
Regular Crew

p2 card or m2 redrock adapter

ok, so I saved up enough money to purchase a 'new' accessory to my hvx! but im at a very hard decision. I can upgrade my 'film-look' and get a m2 redrock adapter (BEAUTIFUL FOOTAGE!!!) or I can get a 8GB P2 card. (right now i use tape and direct capture to my laptop...) But, I was thinking of getting the adapter and a 4gb p2 card. Tell me what you think, help me out!
Michael Rapadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Unless your workflow is a problem for you, get the adapter. The audience will never see your 8GB P2 card.

That said, if you can't get the shots you need without an 8GB card, get that!
Old December 25th, 2006, 07:56 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I would buy a p2 card at first.
If you can get a 4gb p2 and a 35mm adapter together, that 's the best.
Theodoros Chliapas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #4
Regular Crew

We're stuck in the same situation... We've decided to purchase the Redrock adapter and then wait for a 16GB P2 card or the FS-100. We had placed an order on B&H for the FS-100 and it took forever to ship. We cancelled the order and then my partner decided to just get a second HVX200 instead off ebay. So now we have 2 cameras and no P2 cards. We are becoming masters of the direct to capture method... lol. We've even recorded with Powerbooks in a backpack while moving around. For reliability purposes we still need the FS-100 or P2 cards.
Facet Media LLC
Andrae Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae Palmer
We're stuck in the same situation... We've decided to purchase the Redrock adapter and then wait for a 16GB P2 card or the FS-100. We had placed an order on B&H for the FS-100 and it took forever to ship. We cancelled the order and then my partner decided to just get a second HVX200 instead off ebay. So now we have 2 cameras and no P2 cards. We are becoming masters of the direct to capture method... lol. We've even recorded with Powerbooks in a backpack while moving around. For reliability purposes we still need the FS-100 or P2 cards.
I use a powerbook also, however, I HATE log and capture with a passion. So many things go wrong, and sometimes I have to even reboot my computer because my computer will stop recognizing the HVX as a device. How do you log and capture while the laptop is closed???
Michael Rapadas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rapadas
I use a powerbook also, however, I HATE log and capture with a passion. So many things go wrong, and sometimes I have to even reboot my computer because my computer will stop recognizing the HVX as a device. How do you log and capture while the laptop is closed???

Michael I do the initial log and capture then close the powerbook (placing a piece of cardboard between the lid and rubber bands around the screen to keep it closed)... then I walk around and film. I have a 120GB HD on a 17 inch Powerbook so I can afford to capture some unnecessary scenes.
Facet Media LLC
Andrae Palmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders