DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Just got Pany's mobile P2 field edit/recorder! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/83555-just-got-panys-mobile-p2-field-edit-recorder.html)

Allan Barnwell January 10th, 2007 09:40 AM

Just got Pany's mobile P2 field edit/recorder!

Our shop is now stocking a limited supply of Panasonic's new AJ-HPM100 mobile HD field editor/recorder.

Available for sale or rental - this unit is going to be huge for folks who want something more rugged than a laptop with both edit and record capabilities.

Let us know what you think of this device for your workflow needs.

Below is an abreviated quote from Panasonic's site:

----

The P2 Mobile is a portable, rugged DVCPRO solid-state memory recorder/player that is ideal for ENG, field production and postproduction applications. An enhancement to P2's efficient workflow, the P2 Mobile features multi-format recording and playback with a six-slot P2 card reader, versatile inputs/outputs (HD-SDI, IEEE 1394, USB 2.0), an SD memory card slot, job/shuttle dial and up/down/cross conversion between 1080i and 720p and between high definition and standard definition formats. Plus, the P2 Mobile combines professional editing controls with audio faders, a 9-inch widescreen LCD monitor with stereo speakers, and a compact, magnesium die-cast body. It's a versatile and powerful mobile recording/editing solution for field recording (including pool feeds) and video production, as well as for use in mobile vans or in desktop non-linear/linear editing systems.

With its extensive functionality and multiple-format video capabilities, the P2 Mobile is the "bridge" product that allows you to work in both the AV and IT worlds, high definition or standard definition, bridging the gap between the P2 file format and baseband video. The P2 Mobile's "bridge" capabilities enable P2 to excel in projects that require multiple video, audio, IEEE 1394, RS-422 serial control for NLE connections, and can take advantage of USB 2.0 to connect with industry-standard disk drives for consolidation of P2 card content.

The best solution for on-the-go recording/editing/playback in high definition (ideal for play list and cuts-only editing, transferring and copying P2 content, backup recording for live broadcasts and playback for transmission via satellite back to the broadcast facility).

David Saraceno January 10th, 2007 11:22 AM

That would be $12,000.00?

Shawn Alyasiri January 10th, 2007 11:27 AM

How much is Omega selling these for?

Also - this has appeared (on paper) to be a viable Varicam to P2 recording solution as well for field editing/source backup, etc.

Am I correct in guessing that you could take HDSDI out of the Vari, and feed it into this unit, providing a 2nd P2 copy of what you were taping (assuming you'd only be recording a 60p copy, no flagged frames, etc)? I may know some folks that might be interested in such capabilities on occasion.

BTW, it sounds like you guys are ready to ship my 2nd SPX800 today - looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Matt Burton January 10th, 2007 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
looks like a nice bit of kit

Allan Barnwell January 11th, 2007 08:54 AM

More info

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri
How much is Omega selling these for?.

I can give anyone a quote if they contact us - but I need to make sure I know Panasonic's minimum advertised price before I publish a number publicly. (sorry - dealer restriction).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawn Alyasiri
Also - this has appeared (on paper) to be a viable Varicam to P2 recording solution as well for field editing/source backup, etc.

Am I correct in guessing that you could take HDSDI out of the Vari, and feed it into this unit, providing a 2nd P2 copy of what you were taping (assuming you'd only be recording a 60p copy, no flagged frames, etc)? I may know some folks that might be interested in such capabilities on occasion.

Yes. This is a great solution for the VariCam or any SDI-capable camera. I wish it recorded the "N" modes (playback only), but a great start for a new product.