DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   FireStore - Need Workflow for Importing P2 into FCP (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/89799-firestore-need-workflow-importing-p2-into-fcp.html)

George DeLuca March 24th, 2007 06:28 AM

FireStore - Need Workflow for Importing P2 into FCP

SO CLOSE!
System: HMX, FCP 10.4.9, QT 7.1.5, OX10 5.1.4

I'm trying to get FireStore up and running with FCP. Can someone provide a workflow process similar to that described in Shane's great video (see link below)?

A couple of issues:
1. Sinqing HMX with Firestore drive: I'm not getting a clear reading that the settings for the HVX are in sinq with the Firestore. I'm using DVCPro50 at 720/24p, but the Firestore seems to want to jump back to DVCProHD when I hit record on the HMX.

2. Drivers: I've downloaded the P2 driver from the installation CD to my hard drive. There's also a P2 Store Manager download, but that's for the card manager. I don't see anything for the Firestore.

3. FCP: I've created the P2-001 folder and bin (set to logging bin), but the P2 import still rejects the mxf files in the firestore folder when attempting to import the folder.

Thank you for any assistance.

David Saraceno March 24th, 2007 09:01 AM

First of DVCPro50 is SD and DVCProHD is 720/24p. You can't shoot DVCPro50 in high def.

The firestore doesn't need the p2 driver.

Tell us specifically what you are shooting including what firmware is in the FS100.

Douglas Villalba March 24th, 2007 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George DeLuca (Post 647369)
SO CLOSE!
System: HMX, FCP 10.4.9, QT 7.1.5, OX10 5.1.4

I'm trying to get FireStore up and running with FCP. Can someone provide a workflow process similar to that described in Shane's great video (see link below)?

A couple of issues:
1. Sinqing HMX with Firestore drive: I'm not getting a clear reading that the settings for the HVX are in sinq with the Firestore. I'm using DVCPro50 at 720/24p, but the Firestore seems to want to jump back to DVCProHD when I hit record on the HMX.

2. Drivers: I've downloaded the P2 driver from the installation CD to my hard drive. There's also a P2 Store Manager download, but that's for the card manager. I don't see anything for the Firestore.

3. FCP: I've created the P2-001 folder and bin (set to logging bin), but the P2 import still rejects the mxf files in the firestore folder when attempting to import the folder.

Thank you for any assistance.

As David said, "There is no DVCPRO50 720/24p.
Also if get version 3 software for the FS-100 you can automatically get QT files and up to 240 min at HD 720/24p

George DeLuca March 24th, 2007 12:32 PM

I have v3 in the Firestore.
Here's the progress:
480/24p: I've corrected the HD part, and now starting with dv 480/24p set to Quicktime on Firestore, just to get something in FCP.
Success! Got a couple of clips to pull right in without P2 import function.
I didn't need to copy logs over or the lasttext file.
720/24p DVCPRO50; same Quicktime setting on Firestore. Clip pulled right in again as a Mov file. Differences: needs rendering and 16:9. Logs or last text file not needed to copy to file folder.

Thanks guys, I think I'm getting the hang of it.
George

George DeLuca March 24th, 2007 01:16 PM

I meant HD not 50.
Thanks again, it's great to finally be able to get and process footage.
George

Douglas Villalba March 24th, 2007 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George DeLuca (Post 647510)
I have v3 in the Firestore.
Here's the progress:
480/24p: I've corrected the HD part, and now starting with dv 480/24p set to Quicktime on Firestore, just to get something in FCP.
Success! Got a couple of clips to pull right in without P2 import function.
I didn't need to copy logs over or the lasttext file.
720/24p DVCPRO50; same Quicktime setting on Firestore. Clip pulled right in again as a Mov file. Differences: needs rendering and 16:9. Logs or last text file not needed to copy to file folder.

Thanks guys, I think I'm getting the hang of it.
George

Quote:

Originally Posted by George DeLuca (Post 647528)
I meant HD not 50.
Thanks again, it's great to finally be able to get and process footage.
George

It is a little complicated at first but once you get the hang of it, its easy.