Getting annoyed with EC_ERRORABORT msg. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Getting annoyed with EC_ERRORABORT msg.

This message is appearing in the Log produced by HDLink as I try to convert. It happens to only a couple of large clips shot in DVCPRO50 on 4 GB P2 cards. I'm not positive, but I suspect it involves clips for which recording continued until the cards were full and the HVX automatically stopped recording, rather than me pushing the "Record" button to stop.

Is there no one out there who can confrim/deny what causes this problem? Or, that "full" P2 cards have difficulty in conversion? The problem must be caused either by something Panasonic should be able to address within the camera, or by CineForm in conversion.

It seems I have a choice between 8 mins 4 secs of video with no audio, or 7 mins 29 secs of audio with 2 secs of video, when neither is really acceptable. This has to be traceable to what conditions must exist in order for the message to be produced by HDLink.

Or can all this be fixed if I download/install some sort of update?

I know this is a bit of a rant, and I'm exasperated at playing the rename game, but all the software involved is not your "$99 special", and it's lowering my confidence in both Panasonic and HDLink. I also realize David has been extremely responsive for CineForm. He offered one tip to salvage the video, and that helped, but this error messsage was a problem for some as far back as September. Has there been no fix yet?
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #2
Major Player

I have been recording till my 8GB P2 card gets filled up as well. I don't get any problems at all - reading it using Canopus EDIUS Broadcast. Hence, I don't think the problem lie with the camera. It might be your software that you are using.
TingSern Wong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders