Help. Mid Project, new drive - all .MXF - FCP 6. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old May 26th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Major Player

Help. Mid Project, new drive - all .MXF - FCP 6.

I have nothing that can read or covert 145 gigs of P2 footage that has to get dropped into a large project. I have the full P2 disk structure/contents all on a Firewire hard drive.

I've tried MXF Convertor (looking for a deck?) and P2 Log (wants something other than a hard drive) - but I don't have the cards, I don't have a camera - all I have is a Firewire drive w/ a directory something like this: day one/a cam/card 1/audio | clip | icon | proxy | video | voice

Halp! Mac based, Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3) - P2 nOOb. How do I get this footage into FCP or at least Quicktime?
Old May 26th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Major Player

Well, I did just realize I wasn't looking in the correct folder for P2 log to work... I may have solved my issue.
Old May 26th, 2007, 04:47 PM   #3
Major Player

FCP 6 ROCKS for P2 import

3 words. Log and Transfer.

Never you mind P2 Log or anything else. FCP 6 has a sweet interface for all the P2 footage that gets dumped onto a drive. Just copy the entire "card1" or "card2" folder over and you can scrub, mark in/out and the then add it to the queue, keep poking around and it background converts it all....

Ahhhh. An incredible time saver for a project that dumped 142 gigs of P2 on us...
Old July 22nd, 2007, 01:15 PM   #4
New Boot

FS100 and FCP 6

Thanks for the info on Log and Transfer. This works like a gem.
Mark Yamamoto is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders