Shutter speed in metadata at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 4th, 2007, 08:40 AM   #1
New Boot

Shutter speed in metadata

I have 'logged and transfered' into FCS2 but cant seem to find any shutter speed meta data, is there a way to show this in the inspector? I had shot some overcranked waterballoon a few different ways and wanted to compare. If I can't retrieve the shot data I guess I should learn to take notes when I shoot? Or just assume the shots that are the clearest are the higher shutter speeds?

Regards

_Eric
Eric Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #2
New Boot

No one knows? I could find no list...
Here is the footage
http://21stcenturywizards.com/hvxclips/waterballoon.mov

Regards

_Eric
Eric Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 06:33 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm guessing here but would adobe bridge tell you?
Drew
Drew Curran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2007, 01:17 AM   #4
Go Go Godzilla

Eric,

MXF metadata is mostly about clip information and there are no fields for camera settings with exception to the format it was shot in and camera model/serial number. Focus, iris, shutter, gamma, knee etc. is simply not being addressed in MXF metadata. While it's certainly feasible that MXF metadata could include that information it would also require that the camera OS be specifically written to send that info however currently no video camera does. Interestingly enough GPS data can be input into metadata but not camera settings.

Adobe Bridge and other digi-file image browsers are specifically setup for EXIF, ITPC core and other metadata specific to digital still cameras. The only thing Bridge will tell you about any MXF clip is the file size and time-date stamp, it cannot access MXF metadata fields.

Keep in mind that MXF metadata was created mostly to help manage your clips during production and provide keywords built-into the clips for easy access later after archiving. There are whitepapers on the Panny website which specifically address how best to take advantage of all the metadata info and, Barry's HVX book also goes over metadata useage in detail.
Old June 11th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #5
New Boot

Thanks for the info Robert.
It would seem that it would be helpful, maybe as a new feature request.

Regards

_Eric
Eric Santos is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders