Adapters and Lenses at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 10th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Adapters and Lenses

Hola,

I started shooting a film in Inida on an HVX with a Century Optics wide angle adapter and the footage came out great.

However, my DP and I are now considering purchasing the Brevis adapter, and am looking for more information.

Can non-motion picture lenses be used with this adapter and how much of a drop off is there from still camera lenses versus motion picture lenses? Any footage out there with non-motion picture lenses with the Brevis/HVX we could see?

Does anyone have a huge preference on adapters -- Brevis versus M2 Redrock? Is there a particular rail system for the Brevis or any recommendations? Also, with shoulder mounts...?

And how expensive and where to suggest buying some non-motion picture lenses for the Brevis/HVX if they are indeed useable together.

Any and all information would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to find more information so as to use these lenses with an appropriate adapter and hopefully purchase lenses, and trying to figure out if it fits into our budget.

Thank you so much in advance...Sorry for the barrage of inquiries, but I am a newbie to the lense/adapter world.

Rock on,
JC
Justin Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Very few people use actual motion picture lenses with adapters... because they're so expensive and they actually have a smaller image cone (than 35mm SLR lenses). However, motion picture lenses don't breath like SLR lenses, so you can rack focus nicely.
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Regular Crew

cool...

good to know Jon -- thanks for the help.

Anyone out there have some ideas on good SLR lenses to add to the Brevis adapter (I think that's the one we're going with)...? Ones that work well with the HVX?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
J
Justin Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #4
Major Player

Search for manual Nikons on Ebay.
Gene Crucean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders