Redrock M2 Adapter + HVX200 + Porta Jib Traveller at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders
All AG-HPX and AJ-PX Series camcorders and P2 / P2HD hardware.

Old June 20th, 2007, 08:16 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Redrock M2 Adapter + HVX200 + Porta Jib Traveller

Finally! After researching 1 year I finally captured my 1st minute clip using HVX200. As the mainly informations I taked from this forum I thought that is quite right post here my first miniclip I did last sunday.

I Actually have lots to learn as I am a beginner. But I am really happy with this result.

Suggestions, questions, everything about the clip are welcome!

And also many thanks for all issues you guys deal here at the forum. They help me a lot!

Hope to post more (and hope better) images soon.

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVSb-vqdYT0
If someone wants to leave some comment at Youtube It will be also welcome!

Luiz Roberto Meira
Brazilian Producer

Last edited by Luiz Roberto Meira; June 20th, 2007 at 08:18 PM. Reason: vocabulary
Luiz Roberto Meira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:28 PM   #2
Regular Crew

ANy Comments?
Luiz Roberto Meira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:49 AM   #3
Major Player

It looks nice, good job!
Oleg Kalyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I have

Hi Luiz:

I too have the HVX-200 and a PortaJib Traveler. I have been thinking about acquiring some sort of 35mm lens adaptor at some point, although, right now, for most of my work, I don't think I need one.

I have been reading tests and reviews and it looks to me that that best deal out there seems to be the Brevis, did you check that out before buying the M2? I have seen plenty of M2 footage as well that looked very nice but as a former Cinemek G35 beta tester, I quickly learned that the picture is important but is not everything. Ease of use and calibration seems to be equally important. Does it take you very long to setup and calibrate your M2?

Light loss is another concern, I rarely shoot exteriors, I shoot many more interiors. The HVX isn't too bad in lower light but looks better with a decent amount of lighting. Losing a full stop and a half to two stops would be of concern to me, I hate keying people with 1ks when I usually use a 650.

Your footage looks nice.

How do you like your Traveler? I love mine, it has allowed me to shoot some very nice footage, including tabletop and wraparounds on the "Tinker Bell: A Fairy's Tale" featurette on the new Disney Platinum Edition Peter Pan. It's a great little arm, very portable, quick to setup and the guys at Losmandy are first class guys, very helpful.

All the best,

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2007, 09:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Answers

Oleg: Thanks, this is just a few minutes I taked when I received the equipments. Are you living in Moscow? I would like to see some footage from Moscow. Maybe you can shoot something from Stanislavsky school of actors, The Moscow Art Theatre (TEATP) to show us here at forum! And also I would like to see some footage that you may have taked from Moscow. Best Wishes,

Dan: I choose a lens adapter because the main purpose to start shooting is for a TV Series Drama my new independent company was able to raise some funding to produce. So the film look is a required technique. I read some articles comparing the adapter. I decided from M2 because of some research I did and also price.

About the callibration I actually had no issues at all. It takes about 5 seconds to take the careful to just focus the central lens (taht one that spin during the shoot) and then aftewards it is just to deal with the 35mm lense. It is quite simple.

That two shoot you can notice in the clip I shoot without any light! One was at night and other in the morning. It is just to use a quick lense (1.2 or 1.4) that you can find some good results. The shoot I did in the morning It was so bright that I actually used the 2.0 stop of my 55mm Nikon Lense.

about the traveller. I LLLOVVVEEE IT. That was the best device one must have as gear! I bought it at NAB in the Losmandy Boot. The enginer that developed it was so to explain how to used it that I bought it imediatelly.
Best investment a independet moviemaker could do.

I would like so much to see some footage you taked with yours. Could you provide me some link of your work?

Best Wishes,
Luiz Roberto Meira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders