DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Panasonic P2HD / DVCPRO HD Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/)
-   -   Has anyone successfully used the DVCPRO HD frame rate converter in FCP6? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/panasonic-p2hd-dvcpro-hd-camcorders/98068-has-anyone-successfully-used-dvcpro-hd-frame-rate-converter-fcp6.html)

Kaku Ito July 2nd, 2007 09:49 PM

Has anyone successfully used the DVCPRO HD frame rate converter in FCP6?

It supposed to work only with 720/59.94fps and 50fps, but it does not work even with those clips. Has anyone successfully used the function?

David Saraceno July 3rd, 2007 10:00 AM

I've used it to take a 720/60 clip and slow it down considerably.

What's your workflow and what issues are you having

Kaku Ito July 3rd, 2007 10:05 AM

My workflow is nothing special, just bring in P2 file, 720/60p, then tried to use the rate conversion but nothing happens. It could be Japanese version specific problem. I will look into testing in English environment.

Douglas Villalba July 3rd, 2007 07:25 PM

If you shoot using the P2 to get over or under crank you need to be at 24pn. That way you don't need the FRC.
If you want to have both version (normal 60p and over or under crank) shoot 720/24p 30p or 60p not pn. Then you use FRC to get the over or under crank.

Gene Crucean July 3rd, 2007 11:04 PM

Works fine for me. 6.0 and 6.0.1

Kaku Ito July 3rd, 2007 11:45 PM

Douglas, thanks but I'm just asking about the FRC. I usually use 24pn with 60 but wanted to see how FRC work to explain to someone.

Everyone seems having no problem, so it could be japanese version issue.

I'm going to try with my Mac Book Pro.

Douglas Villalba July 4th, 2007 01:45 PM

Kaku if you are using your 555 I really can't tell 'cause I don't own one, but it is suppose to work the same way.
With the HVX if you you shoot 720/24PN at 60 fps to a P2 to get 1/2 speed with no sound to the card. You don't need FRC it is already slowed.
If you shoot 720/24P at 60 fps then you use FRC to slow it down.

Kaku Ito July 4th, 2007 07:54 PM

Daglus,

I know that, sorry, I'm one of the first person got the HVX200 two years ago. Remember I provided clips to everyone here:)?

So, if I clarify, I just want to see how well this software function works.
Shooting at 720/60p and slowdown later, and yes, that way we can keep the audio.

Douglas Villalba July 4th, 2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaku Ito (Post 707208)
Daglus,

I know that, sorry, I'm one of the first person got the HVX200 two years ago. Remember I provided clips to everyone here:)?

So, if I clarify, I just want to see how well this software function works.
Shooting at 720/60p and slowdown later, and yes, that way we can keep the audio.

You are not giving all the info needed to understand what you are trying to do.
I know that you were one of the first ones to post a clip. If I am not mistaken you did not like the camera at first. Am I right?
I think that to do 720/60P at 60 fps on a 24P timeline you need to take it to cinema tools.

Kaku Ito July 5th, 2007 08:08 AM

What I'm doing is simply import 720/59.94 DVCPRO HD file and either select it in the bin or selecting it after place it on the timeline then apply the frame converter but nothing happens.

David and Gene mentioned that they work for them, so there's something wrong in my steps or something wrong in the Japanese version of FCP, so I want to find out why the <software> is not properly working.

Cinema tools works fine, but frame rate converter supposed to be able to do the similar without going to cinema tools.

Also, When you frame rate convert 720/60p clips to say 24p, I don't see anyway to make it back to 60p again. Anyone know how?

By the way, I have HPX555 now, it is so much better in low light and resolution than HVX200, but also I had bought HVX200 again for mainly action shots.

Kaku Ito July 5th, 2007 08:47 AM

On my Mac Book Pro, the frame converter worked fine.
For some reasons, with the Mac Pro 8 Core, the plugin is not loaded I guess.

Now just have to figure out why. I'm going to copy the plugin manually from Mac Book Pro to Mac Pro.

Kaku Ito July 5th, 2007 08:55 AM

Hmmm, I looked for the DVCPRO HD frame converter plugin in my Mac Book Pro and couldn't find it in the library/application support/final cut pro system support/plugins, but the frame converter works, but Mac Pro 8 Core, I see it in the plugin folder but the converter does not work...I though maybe the old plugin was there on the Mac Pro 8 Core by mistake, so I removed it from the folder, then it works!!

So this was the installation flaw of the FCS2 installer. People run into the same problem, just remove the <DVCPROHD Frame Rate Convertor.bundle> from the library/Application Support/Final Cut Pro system Support/Plugins.

Gene Crucean July 6th, 2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaku Ito (Post 707368)
What I'm doing is simply import 720/59.94 DVCPRO HD file and either select it in the bin or selecting it after place it on the timeline then apply the frame converter but nothing happens.

No no... select the clip in the browser and then choose FRC. It doesn't work from the timeline.

Kaku Ito July 6th, 2007 08:38 AM

Gene, as I posted it prior to your last post, it wasn't working because the old plugin remained in the plugin folder. Now it is working okay.

I made a report in the FCP thread in case anyone had the same problem.

Gene Crucean July 6th, 2007 08:50 AM

Wait, so it works for you directly in the timeline now?