DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/)
-   -   New forum request (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/134885-new-forum-request.html)

Phil Bloom September 12th, 2008 03:32 AM

New forum request

Chris, can we have a new sub forum on DSLRs with video modes?

I get my D90 in two days and am really looking forward to it.

Chris Hurd September 12th, 2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Bloom (Post 933654)
Chris, can we have a new sub forum on DSLRs with video modes?

Indeed, we shall have it -- should it be D-SLR only, or any digicam with an HD video mode?

Martin Labelle September 12th, 2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

should it be D-SLR only, or any digicam with an HD video mode?
I think it should be for all photo cameras doing videos, slr or not.

Phil Bloom September 12th, 2008 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Labelle (Post 933749)
I think it should be for all photo cameras doing videos, slr or not.

Initially I thought DSLR only but cameras like the FX1 from Casio make me think maybe is should be wider...

Kurth Bousman September 12th, 2008 08:36 PM

Chris - all photo cameras with video mode - the reason, besides the obvious already existing cameras like the lx3 , tx1 or sony t500 will be a new breed like the just introduced panasonic and the soon to be announced olympus , both based on the newly announced micro 4/3 .Or a forum divided into subforums , with different categories set up as new concepts are introduced. I read an article a couple of weeks ago about new concept cameras canon is working on as we speak that the author said didn't resemble anything from the past - here we go thru the rabbit hole - or maybe it's just another tornado in kansas-k

John Sandel September 12th, 2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurth Bousman (Post 934087)
Chris - all photo cameras with video mode

Second that. (Canon's announcing the 5D Mk II at Photokina (9/23-28) & some reports say it has a HD video mode.)

Ali Husain September 13th, 2008 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd (Post 933717)
Indeed, we shall have it -- should it be D-SLR only, or any digicam with an HD video mode?

every other camera on this site can be classified as:

(a) video cameras (some with still image modes)

so why not:

(b) still image cameras w/video modes

i'm sure someone can come up with a clever heading of the "still but moving" variety.

Chris Hurd September 28th, 2008 02:16 PM

Done, and here it is:

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) - The Digital Video Information Network

Just about every digicam has some kind of video mode; we'll keep this board focused primarily on 720 / 1080 HD (and up) from those cameras which seem best suited for pro, semi-pro and serious hobbyist usage. Most likely it'll be the Digital SLR's such as the Nikon D90 and Canon EOS 5D Mk. II that will get the most attention, but the forum is open to any digicam (SLR or not) that shoots HD video.

John Sandel September 28th, 2008 07:08 PM

Bravo—thanks, Chris. Watch this forum eat many others, as times change …