Casio EX-F1 compared to an actual HD cam such as HV30? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old April 7th, 2009, 11:00 PM   #1
New Boot

Casio EX-F1 compared to an actual HD cam such as HV30?

So I am happy to say I just purchased a Casio EX-F1 off of eBay (yes the seller good ratings and item is sealed xD). But it has created a large dent in my bank account.

I am the proud owner of a Canon HV30 HD Camcorder as well, and I'm just curious as to how significant the difference in quality/effects/options in terms of shooting video with Casio EX-F1.

Doing research here and there, I've seen decent shots with the EX-F1, but at the same time I've heard a lot of people complain about the lack of quality/control that it provides. Also, I am wondering what the differences in using a mini-dv versus an SDHC are, and also concerned about the amount of recording I would be able to do with say, an 8gb SDHC since HD footage can be rather large.

But anyway, I am just trying to figure out if I should keep my HV30 or salvage it for some extra money.

I love the HV30 and it's a really great camcorder, but if the Casio EX-F1 has nearly equivalent features/quality, then I don't see why I would need 2 HD cams.

Also, I'm new here, but nice to meet you all =D I'll be sticking around

Last edited by Larry Chen; April 8th, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
Larry Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Chen View Post
So I am happy to say I just purchased a Casio EX-F1 off of eBay (yes the seller good ratings and item is sealed xD).
cool so now we just have to wait for you to give us your thoughts on the 2 cameras...
Herminio Cordido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2009, 03:06 AM   #3
New Boot

Haha, seems that way. I was hoping some people would have had experience with this situation already, but I'll do some testing once I get my casio :D
Larry Chen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)