CCD HD cameras with 25P < 1000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old May 29th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #1
Major Player

CCD HD cameras with 25P < 1000

I was making a list of HD cameras with 25P mode, and guess what. There is only 1 under 1K. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ7 (OR ZS3 in 30P land). It uses 25P wrapped in 50P container.

ALL other cameras either do 24P or 30P if they are CCD, or they use a CMOS sensor that is unusable under fluorescent lighting.

The other camera is the Panasonic HDC-SD9 under 1K. But it has 1/6" sensors and the low light is terrible. The compressions is 17mbps for 1080p - which is twice the compression that the TZ7 uses - 17mbps for 720P.

If I am missing something please let me know.
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 09:26 AM   #2
Major Player

There is at least another under 1k, also from Panasonic, the waterproof DMC-FT1 shooting 1280x720/30 and 25p (24p for the north american version, DMC-TS1). The sensor block is 12.1 million pixels vs 10 million pixels in the TZ7. It shoots surprisingly good video for its size and nothing beats it in terms of portability and go-anywhere versatility. You can wash it after candid shooting in the rain, swimming pool or on the beaches. Has a nice Dolby audio too!

Wacharapong
Wacharapong Chiowanich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 10:28 AM   #3
Major Player

I think the FT1 is a version of the TZ7. It does not have manual controls, unless I missed something..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacharapong Chiowanich View Post
There is at least another under 1k, also from Panasonic, the waterproof DMC-FT1 shooting 1280x720/30 and 25p (24p for the north american version, DMC-TS1). The sensor block is 12.1 million pixels vs 10 million pixels in the TZ7. It shoots surprisingly good video for its size and nothing beats it in terms of portability and go-anywhere versatility. You can wash it after candid shooting in the rain, swimming pool or on the beaches. Has a nice Dolby audio too!

Wacharapong
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 10:48 PM   #4
Trustee

As long as you keep in mind that the JVC HD7 have received numerous complaints for it’s optical stabilizer, you can consider that as well. Since it’s been discontinued for a long time, you may have trouble finding it new.

If money wasn’t an option, JVC’s HM100 would be perfect for you since it has ¼” CCD’s, adequate manual features and XLR inputs. Keep that camcorder in mind once you hit the jackpot.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #5
Major Player

GZ-HD7 does not output progressive

Does the GZ-HD7 output progressive 25P or even 30P ? My impression was that it does not - it has progressive scan sensors but outputs interlaced..
Is that right ?
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)