Video playback is jumpy on my computer shot from my 5dmk2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old September 4th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Video playback is jumpy on my computer shot from my 5dmk2

MODS: i think this is posted in the right place, but if not, please move it. i also tried searching for this issue, but didnt seem to find one that fit my case. please direct me there is i looked over the threads.

I am brand new to video stuff, but ill try to explain whats going on. I have a 5dmk2. i shot some HD video, copied it from my card to my computer, and whenever i play it back i get smooth audio but choppy video. i tried converting it from an mov file to a wmv file with the SUPER converting program but had no success. i tried playing it in premiere cs3 and it is still choppy. same as when playing it in quicktime. if i hook the camera up to my hdtv though, it plays just fine and looks great.

my laptop specs are as follows:

Sony VAIO model VGN-FW378J
Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 2.4 GHz Processor
4GB DDR2 (PC2-6400) RAM
320 GB (7200RPM) SATA Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 graphics
Vista 64-bit

I am finding it very hard to believe it is my computer since i can watch blu-ray movies on it just fine and since it was supposed to be a good choice for playing with hd video. any ideas on what is going on? thanks.
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Trustee

Try downloading a free trial of Nero and / or CoreAVC. You can even try downloading VLC player.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira View Post
Try downloading a free trial of Nero and / or CoreAVC. You can even try downloading VLC player.

Thanks Pauol. I downloaded VLC Player but the video didnt even play. it just stuck on the first frame. audio still played fine. this is driving me nuts! im going to try to reinstall all of my video drivers and see if that helps. if not i may go ahead and do a system restore.

any other reccomendations would be a great help.
Old September 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #4
Trustee

Did you try using Nero? If that doesn’t work than CoreAVC might do the trick.

I have a Sony FW laptop with nearly the same specs as yours and I never had any issues playing back 5D Mark 2 files. Something must really be wrong if none of those work.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2009, 10:51 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Nero installs so much garbage on the machine it's banned frou our building. VLC should work fine. If not, likely something else going on.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)