DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/)
-   -   Canon Survey for Canon T1i (and 5D MkII) owners. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/402428-canon-survey-canon-t1i-5d-mkii-owners.html)

Bruce Foreman September 15th, 2009 07:53 PM

Canon Survey for Canon T1i (and 5D MkII) owners.

Canon wants to hear from T1i and 5D MkII owners and this survey invites input that may lead to firmware updates for us. It took me about 12-15 minutes and the "other" option opens up input for comments.

I was able to input that I would appreciate a firmware upgrade to include manual control of aperture, ISO, and shutter in video mode.

Generally the survey is about video use and if you select no video capable models the survey ends; I urge all T1i owners to participate. Please keep any comments polite and level headed.

Link to survey: CIG Canon USA Survey - Powered by Modern Mind

Daniel Bates September 15th, 2009 08:16 PM

Thanks for the tip. I added my viewpoint (sound! sound! sound!).

Eric Darling September 15th, 2009 09:55 PM

Yep, added my 2 cents. Nice and quick and easy.

Richard Gooderick September 17th, 2009 01:30 AM

First question: Do you live in the USA?
Answer: No
Response: Thank you for your participation (and I get exited from the survey).

I live in the UK and own a 5Dmk2.
Maybe Canon could have passed me to Canon Europe or wherever else instead of booting me off their site when I tried to respond to a survey.
Not only do they not seem to be interested in my opinions they aren't even being polite about it.

Steve Nunez September 17th, 2009 06:57 AM

I think you should have revisited and put USA to continue to request FW changes- they'd likely end up available on non-USA models anyway and your input would have been considered.
You may be able to update your NON-USA model with the new FW update anyways- so i say go for it and put in your input.

Alex Chong September 17th, 2009 09:23 AM

I live in virtual California. Just added my comments and feedback as well.

Louis Maddalena September 17th, 2009 09:55 AM

Done.

Thanks for the tip, I hope they listen to what I had said. I was very detailed in my "other" responses.

Richard Gooderick September 17th, 2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Nunez (Post 1364072)
I think you should have revisited and put USA to continue to request FW changes- they'd likely end up available on non-USA models anyway and your input would have been considered.

Good idea Steve. It would be nice not to have be economical with the truth about my location to but I think it will fall into the category of white lie and it may help the wider community.

ps Added ten minutes later. I've just completed the survey. Of course they don't want to ask anyone in Europe because we would all ask for 25p ;-)

Nick Csakany September 17th, 2009 01:36 PM

Thanks for the heads-up! I added the 24p as a requested improvement.

Pete Bauer September 17th, 2009 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard Gooderick (Post 1363335)
Not only do they not seem to be interested in my opinions they aren't even being polite about it.

Hey, they said "thank you."
;-)
Why reply when not invited? It's a Canon USA, Inc survey so obviously they want only opinions from US customers. If Canon Europa or another regional Canon company want to understand their market, it won't help them if we US folks flood them with our opinions, either. Just skews their stats.

Richard Gooderick September 17th, 2009 05:21 PM

Pete
I think I'm probably venting my frustration because having bought a 5Dmk2 in order to find out what it is all about (full frame sensor, interchangeable lenses, more DOF control etc) I am just beginning to realise that not having 25p actually is a big issue if you are based in Europe.
It is more so if you edit on a PC (with Liquid in my case) because the files are Quicktime rather than an open format.
So it is sinking in to my thick head just how little Canon do seem to regard their customers in Europe by not incorporating 25p in the first place.
I apologise for wading into an American survey.

Alex Chong September 17th, 2009 10:56 PM

Some of the functions requested are universal any where you live. I am not a die hard videographer but would be nice to have 24P when everyone is drooling over it. I have yet to know what difference this 24p makes to a video but worth to have it if Canon implements a new firmware. So ya, anyone from any where can get in on the survey not just USA. If Canon USA implements a NTSC format for the video, I think I can live with that here in the east. Besides, alot of TV can accept either formats anyway. Just my 2 cents.