DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/)
-   -   Yet Another Video Shot With T1i (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/461037-yet-another-video-shot-t1i.html)

Gerald Baillgergeau October 1st, 2009 09:44 AM

Yet Another Video Shot With T1i

Just wanted to share on how well the T1i performs. With a lil fiddling around you can capture some really nice imagery (as we all know).. Let me know what you think.. Still needs to be color graded so what you'll see is straight from camera..

YouTube - bright idea work print QuickTime H 264

I will write I checked out the 7D yesterday and WOW!.. An upgrade is imminent... lol

Tony Davies-Patrick October 1st, 2009 11:10 AM

Nice work, Gerald.

The cam shook a bit during the slides past the stage, but I expect that the drumbeats helped! :) The tight shots to the lead singer on stage were good, and I also liked some of the bike section.

Gerald Baillgergeau October 1st, 2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick (Post 1422732)
Nice work, Gerald.

The cam shook a bit during the slides past the stage, but I expect that the drumbeats helped! :) The tight shots to the lead singer on stage were good, and I also liked some of the bike section.

Thanks Tony .. Im surprised how well the T1i held up during the shoot.

Langston Sessoms October 3rd, 2009 12:14 PM

was this shot at 1080 or 720? can you share some of the fiddling you had to do? What lenses did you use?

Gerald Baillgergeau October 4th, 2009 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Langston Sessoms (Post 1427318)
was this shot at 1080 or 720? can you share some of the fiddling you had to do? What lenses did you use?

I shot 720p.. Lenses used Nikon manual 50mm 1.4 and 28mm 2.0.. The biggest issue was trying to keep the same exposure of a scene between takes. Once recording was stopped the T1i would go into AE mode and I had to point the cam into a dark or light area on set to achieve desired ISO. It was frustrating especially when i had a shot framed and on the second take the Exposure was way off from the previous. Thus "fiddling" lol

Bruce Foreman October 4th, 2009 07:29 PM

Gerald,

If you are not using a zoom lens or using autofocus (lens set to MF position), you should be able to "lock" exposure with the ISO button. If you are using the "unlock lens mount" workaround (see video linked below) for manual aperture control, ISO and shutter should remain as you have "locked" exposure with the ISO button as long as you remain in video mode and the camera is not powered down.

This exposure "lock" can be changed by pointing the camera where you intend to "film" next and pressing the ISO button again. Each time you press the ISO button, exposure is "locked" on what you have the lens pointed at. You can also adjust exposure up or down 2 stops either way by holding the AV button down while turning the adjustment "wheel"

In the "unlock lens" workaround in this video one step has been left out. If you want to set an aperture smaller than maximum depress and hold the DOF prevue while you depress the lens lock button and twist the lens a bit. Without holding the DOF prevue in, the lens will remain at max aperture regardless of what you have "dialed in".

Video: Shallow DOF on T1i with Canon EF/EF-S lenses on Vimeo