Yet Another Video Shot With T1i at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old October 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Yet Another Video Shot With T1i

Just wanted to share on how well the T1i performs. With a lil fiddling around you can capture some really nice imagery (as we all know).. Let me know what you think.. Still needs to be color graded so what you'll see is straight from camera..

YouTube - bright idea work print QuickTime H 264

I will write I checked out the 7D yesterday and WOW!.. An upgrade is imminent... lol
Gerald Baillgergeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 11:10 AM   #2
Trustee

Nice work, Gerald.

The cam shook a bit during the slides past the stage, but I expect that the drumbeats helped! :) The tight shots to the lead singer on stage were good, and I also liked some of the bike section.
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Davies-Patrick View Post
Nice work, Gerald.

The cam shook a bit during the slides past the stage, but I expect that the drumbeats helped! :) The tight shots to the lead singer on stage were good, and I also liked some of the bike section.
Thanks Tony .. Im surprised how well the T1i held up during the shoot.
Old October 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Regular Crew

was this shot at 1080 or 720? can you share some of the fiddling you had to do? What lenses did you use?
Langston Sessoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langston Sessoms View Post
was this shot at 1080 or 720? can you share some of the fiddling you had to do? What lenses did you use?
I shot 720p.. Lenses used Nikon manual 50mm 1.4 and 28mm 2.0.. The biggest issue was trying to keep the same exposure of a scene between takes. Once recording was stopped the T1i would go into AE mode and I had to point the cam into a dark or light area on set to achieve desired ISO. It was frustrating especially when i had a shot framed and on the second take the Exposure was way off from the previous. Thus "fiddling" lol
Old October 4th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #6
Trustee

Gerald,

If you are not using a zoom lens or using autofocus (lens set to MF position), you should be able to "lock" exposure with the ISO button. If you are using the "unlock lens mount" workaround (see video linked below) for manual aperture control, ISO and shutter should remain as you have "locked" exposure with the ISO button as long as you remain in video mode and the camera is not powered down.

This exposure "lock" can be changed by pointing the camera where you intend to "film" next and pressing the ISO button again. Each time you press the ISO button, exposure is "locked" on what you have the lens pointed at. You can also adjust exposure up or down 2 stops either way by holding the AV button down while turning the adjustment "wheel"

In the "unlock lens" workaround in this video one step has been left out. If you want to set an aperture smaller than maximum depress and hold the DOF prevue while you depress the lens lock button and twist the lens a bit. Without holding the DOF prevue in, the lens will remain at max aperture regardless of what you have "dialed in".

Video: Shallow DOF on T1i with Canon EF/EF-S lenses on Vimeo
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)