DMC-FX75K f/2.2, 5x lens camera at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old June 5th, 2010, 02:53 AM   #1
Trustee

DMC-FX75K f/2.2, 5x lens camera

DMC-FX75K - Lumix Digital Cameras - Shop and Compare at Panasonic
This camera will definitely have much better low light capabilities than your "average" still camera. It's too bad that that the CCD can only output 30 frames per second and gets doubled in the H.264 file but then again, with a CCD you don't have any MOS/CMOS artifacts although CCDs do have their own issues.

This thing would be absolutely incredible if it did real 720 60p. Actually, if Panasonic have put a fan in it, it probably would have had it. I couldn't resist saying that.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Paulo -
These little P&S cameras are becoming more and more capable, I've got the Sony HX5 and TX7, and they do surprisingly well, while doing full 1080 HD. Limitations to be sure, but when you consider what they manage to pack into a tiny little package... Not grandpa's video camera, that's for sure!

As far as image quality, they manage to keep up pretty well - I'd say they are as good as the small dedicated HD video cameras from 3-4 years ago, not bad for the price. Considering they stick in your pocket, and do more and more "tricks" on the still side, while delivering decent results under surprisingly varied conditions, these open the doors for good image capture at price points completely unthinkable just a few years ago.

And as far as claims of amazing low light performance, well, let's just say it's "improved", but...
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Trustee

Well I did say it'll be better than your "average" still camera.
Yes their definitely getting better.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)