Best cameras Nikon D90, D300s after new specification D3100 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:07 AM   #1
New Boot

Best cameras Nikon D90, D300s after new specification D3100

Hello all
I soon buys one of the Nikon cameras, I need to help you to choose one of these cameras:
D90
D300s
D3100

Thank you to those who help me and thank those who do not help me
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:12 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Check some of the D3100 threads just posted here.

In my estimation at least the answer to your question is a) Canon 7D, b) Canon 5D, c) wait a while

Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 08:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Hey Mohammed,

You mention you have a lot of Nikkor lenses, was that the reason you wanted to buy a Nikon? Be aware that you can still use these on a Canon camera with an adapter and they will work as good as Canon lenses for video, as there will be no Autofocus anyway.

There may be a new Canon, the 60D announced at the end of this week so you could wait to see if thats interesting.
Manus Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:29 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Phillipps View Post
Check some of the D3100 threads just posted here.

In my estimation at least the answer to your question is a) Canon 7D, b) Canon 5D, c) wait a while

Steve
Hello Steve
I can not turn to Canon, I have a good lens from Nikon ... It works with the camera Sony ex3 ... So I will sell the D300 and then I buy another Nikon ... I think will be the Camera D3100 but I was puzzled by my

See here
Digital SLR Cameras from Nikon

Specifications - Nikon D3100 | Nikon

Thank you Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manus Sweeney View Post
Hey Mohammed,

You mention you have a lot of Nikkor lenses, was that the reason you wanted to buy a Nikon? Be aware that you can still use these on a Canon camera with an adapter and they will work as good as Canon lenses for video, as there will be no Autofocus anyway.

There may be a new Canon, the 60D announced at the end of this week so you could wait to see if thats interesting.

Thank you Manus
Do you mean D60 or new ones .. Please link by the news
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:59 PM   #5
Major Player

Hello Mohammed,

the 60D is rumored to be released this week.

It is a Canon but if you are buying the camera to use for video you will be able to use all of your Nikon lenses with an adapter the same as you could use them on a Nikon. If you want autofocus with video with your lenses the only option is the D3100 but doesnt seem like it will be a very good camera for video overall.

For general information maybe you can check this article http://philipbloom.net/2010/08/19/whichdslr/
Old August 22nd, 2010, 02:24 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohammed Al-Saber View Post
I can not turn to Canon, I have a good lens from Nikon ... It works with the camera Sony ex3 ... So I will sell the D300 and then I buy another Nikon ... I think will be the Camera D3100 but I was puzzled by my
If you wanted a camera to do stills as well as video then I see your point, but if you just want to shoot video then there's no reason not to buy a Canon.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #8
Major Player

Hey mohammed, i just got a fotodiox pro and there is a huge difference between the cheaper ebay adapters, it really works just as well and tight as using a canon lens.

You should be able to find some clips of the footage from ex3 mixed with the canons.

The problem with the Nikons is the video functions are still a bit behind those of the Canons.

Manus
Old August 30th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #9
Regular Crew

If you can wait a little longer...

Nikon is expected to announce the D90 replacement (D7000) in two weeks. From what we've seen on the D3100, at the very least you can expect 1080p at 24 fps...but the rumors indicate advancements on all fronts.
Steve Rusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:33 AM   #10
New Boot

If you buy a Canon 60d to me, how to work the Nikon lens, in a good performance with the camera.
What is the best:
Fotodiox.
Novoflex.
AF and Nverm.
Kipon.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)