DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/)
-   -   Any word or rumor on clean HDMI DSLR? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photo-hd-video-d-slr-others/488473-any-word-rumor-clean-hdmi-dslr.html)

Roman Stikel December 5th, 2010 11:44 AM

Any word or rumor on clean HDMI DSLR?

Just wondering whether there was any new word or rumor on clean HDMI output from any DSLR. Thanks Roman

Rafael Amador December 5th, 2010 12:57 PM

Hi Roman,
Sincerely i do not expect manufacturers to implement that option in any future.
If DSRL manufactures wouldn't make video cameras, that would be possible, but I don't think they want to lose on their Video business. They will prefer to keep to separated market.
Instead of DSRL with HDMI?HDI out, they are already marketing Video cameras with DSRL captors and Uncompressed output.
rafael

Les Wilson December 5th, 2010 01:00 PM

Panasonic GH2

"Best of all…I have just checked this…the HDMI out is totally clean, no graphics (unless you want them) and the great thing is you can have as many graphics on the GH2 LCD without affecting the clean HDMI." -- Phillip Bloom

Full article:
First bit of filming with Panasonic GH2 and good news about clean HDMI OUT! | Philip Bloom

Dan Keaton December 5th, 2010 01:05 PM

Dear Friends,

It is great news that the GH2 has the abiity to put out a icon and graphics free image over the HDMI.

What we need to know now, is whether the GH2 output via HDMI is a high-quality image (which it may be) or whether the HDMI output is compromised in quality in any way.

Ronan Fournier December 5th, 2010 01:49 PM

Here is what Philip Bloom says about G2's HDMI output resolution, in the article linked above:

"My Marshall says it is outputting 1080i 60i once recording but it certainly looks progressive rather than interlaced. I will connect it up to my Nanoflash tomorrow …we shall see!"

No news since then…

Dan Keaton December 5th, 2010 02:34 PM

Dear Friends,

If the GH2 is outputting Progressive Segmented Frames, which is normal for almost all cameras, then the monitor will display 1080i60 or 1080i59.

If one uses a nanoFlash, then we will convert the Prograssive Segmented Frames to true progressive.

Just set the Video|Record PSF > Prog(ressive) option on the nanoFlash.

Or if the camera is outputting 1080p23.976 or 1080p24 over 1080i59.94 or 1080i60,
then just set the Video|3:2 Pulldown Removal option, on the nanoFlash.

The nanoFlash has the technology to handle the Progressive Segmented Frames and record what you would normally want:

1. True Progressive

2. True 1080p23.976 or 1080p24 without the pulldown frames.

Charles Papert December 5th, 2010 03:06 PM

The continued use of the HDMI connector for output is like a bad joke--non locking and fragile. Worst since S-VHS and those look positively rugged in comparison...

Dan Keaton December 5th, 2010 03:30 PM

Dear Charles,

I agreement completely.

It would be great if the DSLR's had HD-SDI outputs in addition to the HDMI.

The HDMI is certainly necessary for those wanting to playback to a HDMI equipped television, but for recording, we need a professional solution such as HD-SDI.

Of course the AF100 and the PMW-F3 have both.

Rafael Amador December 6th, 2010 05:37 AM

Mr Bloom just says that is able to get the HDMI out without graphics.
He doesn't talk about any standard signal out, neither that he had being able to properly record that signal.
Even being able to record that, it would be necessary to make some tests to determine the picture quality.
rafael

Michael Wisniewski December 6th, 2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert (Post 1595220)
The continued use of the HDMI connector for output is like a bad joke--non locking and fragile. Worst since S-VHS and those look positively rugged in comparison...

So true, but something like HD-SDI always seems to add US$1,000 to the price of anything. From that perspective I'll take the HDMI and some duct tape.