Canon powershot g15 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)
HD from Nikon D90, other still photo cams (except EOS 5D Mk. II, LUMIX GH1).

Old October 17th, 2012, 10:21 PM   #1
Major Player

Canon powershot g15

Well i picked up a G15 on holidays in the US and have been shooting with it while im in 'holiday mode'.
Its got a lovely solid feel for a compact.
It was bought in the hope of it being used by my wife on a merlin during a wedding shoot.

The video footage looks surprisingly good on my little netbook here.
Will need to get it home to properly asses but so far its looking like i can integrate it into my DSLR workflow.
Cant wait to get it onto and balanced on the merlin when i get back.
Hope its not too light but ill work around it.

It has face reckognition autofocus during video.
You can register a new face by taking a couple of pics of that face from a few different angles. I hope to do this of a bride on the morning of the wedding for example.
No manual control of video but in this instance that suits me fine. There is an exp adjust of ev+3 to ev-3 in 1/3 increments so thats perfect for herself to use without things getting too complicated. Anyway the plan is to have this on the merlin fulltime so auto is whats needed.
You can specify the nature of the auto exposure eg.centre weighted , full screen or matrix (or whatever theyre calling it) so doesn''t jump too instantly as the scene changes.

If anybody has any questions in relation to the camera Id be happy to answer them as there is not a lot of info on the net in relation to shooting video with this cam.
Ill upload some video footage as I gradually integrate it into my workflow.
Ger Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Canon powershot g15

Yeah keep us updated! I'm really interested in seeing the stabilized footage.
Michael Kraus is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > Photo for HD Video (D-SLR and others)