Arrilite 650watts or 1000watts? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old August 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #16
Panoramic

Arri Alternative?

Does anyone have any experience with the Cinemills line of lighting gear? Their Fresnels appear to be clones of Arri, model for model, but a friend who saw them at NAB said the quality actually looked better than Arri.
Old August 12th, 2007, 12:39 AM   #17
Major Player

Yes, there are five or six factories in China that produce clones of various kinds. Some of varying quality. All of them are constructed great from a mechanical standpoint of the metal parts. Any time someone is copying another product they have the opportunity to make new decisions and improvements and most good engineers do take advantage of that moment. Some I've seen here are definitely an improvement and look better than the original. Where some depart and are of poorer quality is in the area of wiring where they used wire not up to snuff for a 650w or 1000w unit.

It just takes an OEM with a clear vision of what they want and will specify as to what they get from one of these factories. And being very specific in the area of QA and testing too. I've visited the factory where the Cinemills stuff is OEM'd and they do good work there. In fact, one of these factories is making stuff for us too ;-) I've included a photo of the 650w model I'll be carrying soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Arrilite 650watts or 1000watts?-cl-tf650cm.jpg  
Richard Andrewski - Cool Lights USA - RED #114
http://www.coollights.biz
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #18
Regular Crew

15hrs straight?

Is it ok to use the arrilite 1000 straight 15hrs.?
Juan Dela Cruz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management