Am I Seeing Things? at

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old April 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Major Player
Am I Seeing Things?

So my NAB coverage issue of one of my video mags came today, and I'm flicking through looking at the purdy pitchers, when I spot a "new" fixture from IKAN - the Brifocus 650. I think, this sure looks familiar, and "BRIfocus"?

So I do a little checking. First, off to Tom Rost's website, Rostronics, where they sell all things Britek (remember all the buzz a few years ago?). Their 650 is the first grab, below, and the second one is from the IKAN site.

Personally, I think they are the same fixture, but with IKAN changing the name and more than doubling the price. Tell me what you think. Here are the links also.
Attached Thumbnails
Am I Seeing Things?-brifocus_front.jpg  
Attached Images
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 06:52 PM   #2
Major Player
Undoubtedly the same. There's one other online "dealer" selling this fixture that has the nerve to call it a fresnel.
Richard Andrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM   #3
I was not impressed with a very similar light to this I tried to use. There is a built in shutoff due to the plastic housing and it kicked off in about two minutes.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management