MMM. . .yummie cookies! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old August 25th, 2003, 08:02 AM   #16
Major Player

Yep, Lightbreak. Sent you some shots. Hope they help.
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2003, 08:10 AM   #17
Major Player

They certainly do--thanks!
Barry Rivadue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2003, 01:46 PM   #18
Major Player

Slightly different take on "cookies". These are small enough to pack into your light kit and work well.

http://www.cookiepro.com/products.html
Rob Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #19
Regular Crew

C-stand addendum

in addition to the two grip heads and arm on a C-stand, another characteristic exclusive to C-stands are the different sized legs. the legs are tiered in height, allowing them to be nested very closely together. that way you can place several C-stands with gobos, silks, or nets very close to your light stand. some C-stands have a sliding leg, which is useful for stairs or low tables. others also have a detachable "turtle base" which you can then mount your light onto to get it extra low to the ground.

i think it's commonly agreed upon that the "C" in c-stand stands for Century. one D.P. told me they're called century stands because it will take you a 100 years to figure out every single way to use them.

good luck,

Kris Carrillo
WCTV 56
Kris Carrillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2003, 10:47 AM   #20
Major Player

Using Lightbreaks with Road Rags

Marcia:

It's so cool that you already have the road rags set! I'm jealous. Anyway, I would figure that depending on how springy the frames are, you would just use a few grip clips (or pony clips) to hold it in place. They come in a variety of sizes and are great multi purpose tools to have in your arsenal. They're also really cheap, and even available at your local hardware store!

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasu...pclipandc.html

I wouldn't try gaff tape, as it tends to get sticky and gunky after being exposed to heat. You want to keep those poles smooth so that the silks & nets still slide on easily. The same goes for any other type of frame you might use.
Scott Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2003, 06:40 PM   #21
Major Player

Thanks, Scott. Much appreciated. Exactly what I needed to know. And Filmtools is my favorite shop.

Back to my grant... man, detailed line-item budgets are a major pain. Haven't allowed myself to wander around here (or come up for air) for weeks, so I apologize for my slow response.

Thanks again,
Marcia
Marcia Janine Galles is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management