DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old January 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

LEE Filters

I recently ordered some LEE Filters brand Color Correction Filters from B&H. They arrived in good shape but their plastic storage case was ripped.

Instead of sending the whole set back to B&H and making them replace it, I called LEE Filters to ask if they could send me just a replacement case. I talked with Sean Hise who was more than willing to accommodate my request.

My replacement case arrived today (just 2 days after my call) and not only did I get the needed case but there were some extra goodies enclosed. This is what I call GREAT Customer Service and going beyond the call of duty. I have never done business with or used LEE Filters products in the past, but they just won me over for any of my needs in the future.
Old January 30th, 2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Contributor

I bought a wide angle Lee lens hood for my XHA1 because I wanted a lightweight mattebox that didn't require rails. It comes with two 4 x 4 filter slots. I had a similar level of good customer service from Lee, with good technical knowledge and advice. Great people to deal with and very good quality products too. I've been using the 2mm Lee resin filters also, with no trouble.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I've had plenty of stuff from LEE, and also congratulate them on their customer service. Good products too, and decent prices.
Steve
Steve Phillipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 08:18 AM   #4
Major Player

Apple could learn a few things from them..... has anyone had to deal with the genius bar? What a joke and absolute waste of time. I've been buying Apple products since 1983 and they could care or less whether I buy from them or not.

There are a few other company's in our industry that are fantastic.... Able Cine in NY, Richard at Coollights, They folks at Zylight, B&H, flolight with their telepropters....

you are what you eat... wait, is that the right expression for this situation?
Christopher Witz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:01 AM   #5
Contributor

I've bought from Flolights too, three of their 500LEDs, and I agree--excellent customer service, knowledgeable people. I can say the same thing about Tapeworks Texas.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I just went to the Genius Bar at my local Apple store because I couldn't get e-mail to work on my new iPod Touch. They guy was great, figured out the problem was the server setup on Time Warner. Using my .Me account, he was able to work around it. This is stuff I never would have figured out on my own and he was great.

Genius Bar has been good for non-editing system issues for me.

Dan
Dan Brockett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management