DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old June 17th, 2009, 11:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Looking for multiple socket fixture for screw in bulbs

I want to modify my 1000w hot tungsten soft box lights to florescent screw in bulbs. In order to do this I would need about 5 or 6 bulbs. Has anyone come up with a multi socket fixture or a simple way to mount multiple bulbs? Thanks.
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #2
Trustee

Might be cheaper to buy a ready-made flo box, here are some sources: imagewest.tv; skaeser.com; coollights.biz; fotodiox.com For example, Kaeser has a box with 6 sockets for standard screw base flourescent lamps mounted in a 32x32 inch softbox for $179....including lamps..fotodiox sells a 9-socket box (softbox and lamps not included but available) for $ 99.95 . /hth / Battle Vaughan/miamiherald.com video team
Battle Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #3
Contributor

I've got one of the skeser PHOTOGRAPHIC LIGHTING softboxes that uses six 85 watt fluorescent bulbs. It comes standard with six 45 watt bulbs but I paid the difference in bulb cost and got the 85 watt ones instead. I got daylight bulbs to mix in with my three 500LED lights from flolight.com.

Also, as noted, coollights.biz has a fluorescent softbox that uses a single big fluorescent bulb that is, I think, about 200 watts, maybe 250. I was looking for a much as I could get out of a single fixture, so I went with the skaeser setup. They were very nice people to deal with, too.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow great information! Thank you very much. The 1000w tungsten bulbs gets to hot for certain room situations. The fluorescent bulbs will work better where heat is an issue. Thanks again!
Tom Koveleskie is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management