Portable 50w light at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old February 15th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #1
New Boot

Portable 50w light

just wondering what sort of portable lights you guys and gals use for mobile shooting, such as weddings. I use an 19 year old Hahnel 50W zoom light which is connected via a cigarette cord to a 12V lead acid battery which is is hung from my shoulder. The battery is stored in a soft leather type case. It's only on it's 3rd bulb and it really is the business. It's on it's 3rd battery too. I bring a spare batteries with me to weeddings in case they are needed. The light will last the bast part of an hour if continuously on and really does give off a huge amount of light without any hotspots whatsoever and the light can be zoomed from wideangle to spotlight. Anyone have one of these or something similar? Although it's pushing on for 20 years old, I wouldn't change it for anything else. Only problem is a full charge takes 24 hours!!!
Graham Geraghty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2005, 07:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Check out the Frezzi lights. Awesome lights and can run off an NP-1 type battery.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management