DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photon Management (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/)
-   -   Frezzi mini fill (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/4593-frezzi-mini-fill.html)

Bob Zimmerman October 26th, 2002 07:21 AM

Frezzi mini fill

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy these lights? They make one that has its own self contained battery, with a softbox you can buy.

David Mintzer October 31st, 2002 07:44 PM

I bought my camera mounted Frezzi at B&H in New York----

Bob Zimmerman November 1st, 2002 09:26 AM

So do you like the light?

David Mintzer November 1st, 2002 09:31 AM

Oh i love it---as far as camera mounted lights go it's state of the art---I also bought their softbox that fits on the light and it really is a nice feature.

Jacques Mersereau November 2nd, 2002 11:59 AM

Re: Frezzi mini fill

<<< They make one that has its own self contained battery, with a softbox you can buy. -->>>

I looked for it @ B&H and couldn't find it.
All the ones I saw are powered externally.

Do you have a URL for this?

Ed Frazier November 2nd, 2002 01:04 PM

Check http://www.frezzi.com/newpage6.htm for some of the different kits and possible power options. I recently purchased the MFKIC-XL1. Try searching that model number on the B&H site and you should find it. This kit does not include the soft box or dichronic filter.

Jacques Mersereau November 2nd, 2002 03:45 PM

Thanks for the get back, but when I went to the site I still did not see anything with a _self contained_ battery, or at least I personally don't
consider this "self contained." These all seem
to draw power from an external battery.

zimvg304 (where do these guys come up with these handles?) said Frezzi had one that was self contained. I had answered another post (I think it was his) about a search for an "on camera soft light" that had a self contained battery. I told him no one made one, or at least I had never heard of it. I never heard back, so
I thought that I must be wrong when I first read this thread, and I checked into it.

I know it is really picky/trival, but drawing power from an external battery cannot be classified as an "all in one" self contained package imo.

From what I can tell, the Frezzi on camera lights are no different in _that aspect_ than any others.
(I fully admit I could STILL be WRONG).

I would also say that this looks like a really nice light kit . . . drool :)

David Mintzer November 2nd, 2002 05:45 PM

I know of no onboard Frezzi with a self contained battery----that's just bad information---you will need to buy a battery belt or vest.

Ed Frazier November 2nd, 2002 06:18 PM

Jacques, I have to agree with David, I'm not aware of any on-camera light with sufficient output to be useful, (Frezzi or otherwise) that has a self contained battery. By "self contained", do you simply mean that the battery is attached to the light in some way (no dangling cords), or am I missing the point of your question altogether?

I think Canon and Sony both offer lights that accept camera batteries, but the output is limited from what I've read.

Jacques Mersereau November 2nd, 2002 07:14 PM

Yeah, that's it. Someone wanted a softlight/battery combo with no dangling cords. Or at least, that's what I thought he wanted. My response at the time was that I knew of none, and if one did
exist, it's output wouldn't last but a couple of
minutes at best. We do have many members who's
english isn't the best, so one is never really sure.

PS Their english is better than my dutch :)

Bob Zimmerman November 3rd, 2002 02:45 PM

I got a catalog from Frezzi. They have self contained holders. No vest or belt needed. The battery sits on top of the camera with the light on top of that. They even make one for the XL1 and the battery is attach to the MA-100 shoulder pad. That is model #MFKIC-XL1 or MFK-XL1. The other self contained numbers are MFIC-NP1HC and MFA24-NP1HC to nane a few. I believe that is the way I will go so I don't have to carry around a battery on my belt.

Bob Zimmerman November 3rd, 2002 02:50 PM

I wanted a smaller handle, like Zim!! But you have to have a longer one to sign up. Maybe I can go back and shorten it now. Any way it is some numbers and letters that I can remember