DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Photon Management (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/)
-   -   New Comer 900 Lights Released and Discount (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/photon-management/470216-new-comer-900-lights-released-discount.html)

Taky Cheung December 30th, 2009 11:09 AM

New Comer 900 Lights Released and Discount

In additional to the Comer 900 light that uses the NP-Fxxx battery, three new Comer 900 lights released using different brand battery pack

Comer CM-LBPS900 LED Light Sony L-Series Battery
Comer CM-LBPC900 LED Light Canon BP-900 Series Battery
Comer CM-LBPP900 LED Light Panasonic CGA/CGP Battery
Comer CM-LEX900 LED Light Sony EX1/EX3 Battery

All Comer lights come with a free desktop stand.

A special offer of $10 off to DVInfo members. After purchase, please email info@lacolorshop.com with the transaction ID mentioning you are DV Info member. A $10 refund will be issued back to you right away.

Barry J. Weckesser January 1st, 2010 12:25 PM

Taky - any idea whether the company that makes the Comer lights plans on making the Comer 1800 that will accept the Sony EX1/3 batteries?

Min Lee January 1st, 2010 01:57 PM

And what about One that uses the 5D Mark ii batteries?

Taky Cheung January 1st, 2010 10:07 PM

Barry, I already asked Comer but they have no plan to manufacture Comer 1800 with different battery type. Oh well. I suggested to them making a battery plate that can be used off the camera. But what I was told was it will take over a year for them to make something like this. :(

Taky Cheung January 1st, 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Min Lee (Post 1466867)
And what about One that uses the 5D Mark ii batteries?

It is very unlikely there will be one made for 5D batteries. Compared to NP-F970 in 6000mah, LP-6E has a lower rating at 1800mah.

Barry J. Weckesser January 2nd, 2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taky Cheung (Post 1466971)
Barry, I already asked Comer but they have no plan to manufacture Comer 1800 with different battery type. Oh well. I suggested to them making a battery plate that can be used off the camera. But what I was told was it will take over a year for them to make something like this. :(

Thanks for the update Taky - I have 2 BPU-60's and 1 BPU-30 that I will not be using since I switched over to the Swit and also the Switronix for powering both the camera and the Nanoflash. It just means I have to keep an extra charger for the NPF batteries in my kit - no big deal.

Reggie Noble January 9th, 2010 12:50 AM

Oh man!!!
I just bought a Comer Light a little while ago. If I would of known that there would be a Canon compatible version, I would of bought the Canon Comer light instead of the Sony one!

Bob Grant January 11th, 2010 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry J. Weckesser (Post 1466839)
Taky - any idea whether the company that makes the Comer lights plans on making the Comer 1800 that will accept the Sony EX1/3 batteries?

The 1800 does come with a couple of cables to run the light from any of the 3rd party EX batteries. Much better solution in my opinion as it avoids as much as possible adding more weight up high on the camera.