Pro 126-LED / 160-LED Light Offered by L.A. Color Shop - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old March 11th, 2010, 01:30 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I have never tried mounting it on light stand. But there're two adapters you can get to mount any accessory on light stand or tripod.

Umbrella Adapter with Accessory Shoe Mount | L.A. Color Shop
Accessory Shoe Tripod Mount Adapter | L.A. Color Shop

With it's brightness, I'm pretty such you can use it as a low-cost 3 point lighting setup.
Old March 12th, 2010, 11:35 AM   #17
Major Player

How is the green spike without the tungsten filter? Most low cost LEDs have some degree of green in the LED themselves yet from what people are saying it seems the green comes from the supplied filter. It seems odd that the manufacturer would go to the expense of producing an LED without green and then provide such a filter. Of course its easy enough to simply gel the light yourself but I'm skeptical the LEDs themselves aren't green. I'd be very happy for my skepticism to be unfounded.
Jase Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 04:09 AM   #18
Regular Crew

As far as shipping goes, I ordered from L.A. Color one evening and the next day received an email that it had been shipped. If I was still in Texas, I'd have it by now.

Regarding the mounting of them, I'm getting a couple of Photoflex umbrella/hotshoe adapters for about $20 each and a set of 2 Lowel scissor mounts for use in drop ceilings, $20 for the set. For the hair light, I plan on fashioning a snoot out of black foam core.

I'm not expecting much out of them, as long as I can gel them to the right temperature and still get a good exposure on the subject without lugging an AC kit, I'll be happy.
Steve Rusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 03:11 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase Tanner View Post
How is the green spike without the tungsten filter? Most low cost LEDs have some degree of green in the LED themselves yet from what people are saying it seems the green comes from the supplied filter.
I don't think the LEDs themselves are excessively green. I don't think they're any different from other low cost LED fixtures. The color correction filter they provide definitely adds a greenish cast. Why they didn't make a better color correction filter? It's a $60 light. They're not going to run tests at that price. If it looks good on the package, that's good enough for them.
Brett Sherman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management