Fluorescent Light Kit at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old July 11th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #1
Regular Crew
Fluorescent Light Kit

I am thinking of upgrading my light kit. I was wondering if anyone has tried floresent light kits. I like the fact they don't generate heat, last longer and the bulbs cost less.

What are some good floresent light kits.

Marcus Farrar
Production Director
Katana Productions

Last edited by Marcus Farrar; July 11th, 2005 at 07:40 AM.
Marcus Farrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 02:25 PM   #2
Regular Crew
Hi there,

If you're after a low-cost DIY sollution you may want to check out the following site. Someone on these boards recommended it to me: http://www.film-and-video.com/broadc...s-30bucks.html

I once experimented with a 36W light fixture from my workshop. The color was nice, but the light itself was way to harsh to look at or have shine at you. So whatever you get, I suggest you make sure it is gentle enough to use near people - I take it that's what you want to use it for? You may also want to get something with a pleasing color temperature. I have some bluish and some reddish lights in my workshop and I find the reddish more pleasing than the blueish.

I am just beginning to learn about the DV world myself, so I wont be able to recommend any pro kits or lamps.

Hope you find what you are looking for!

Ups! Just checked out your site; it looks like you're in the pro league. Hope some of your pro colleagues on these boards will be able to give you some advice.

Last edited by Halfdan J. Damskier; August 13th, 2005 at 11:16 AM.
Halfdan J. Damskier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management