Any idea on Maximum usage operation hours continuously for SV SMK60 light kit? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old July 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Any idea on Maximum usage operation hours continuously for SV SMK60 light kit?

I ordered the Smith-Victor SMK60 kit with Ushio DYR Lamp - 650 watts/240 recently(Asia Voltage 220-240v), Please guide me Will it able to light/ON continuously longer or more than 30 minutes on stage? Will it cause the bulb overheating or bulb explodes? If YES! Any power converter or adapter to stabilized the SV SMK60 lighting Kit?

Please give me advice on this matter!
thanks
Old July 28th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #2
Built the VanceCam

You should be able to leave it on continuously. It will get very hot of course, so you don't want to use it in a confined space on near anything that is heat-sensitive.
Dan Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2005, 07:25 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Dan ,

But I been experienced light bulb causes exploded during the shoot, the most embarrassing moment for me during that shoot on stage!!! Will it causes due to the different voltage light bulb? (Supposedly 240/v but replace on 230/v or slightly lower voltage configuration) Or due to the un-stable electricity voltages supplies?

thanks
Old July 29th, 2005, 09:26 AM   #4
Inner Circle

The exploding light bulb may be because there's oil on the bulb. When you handle the bulb, you should wear gloves.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management