Comer 1800 on eBay? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management

Photon Management
Shine an ever-loving light on you.

Old November 18th, 2011, 12:08 AM   #1
Major Player

Comer 1800 on eBay?

I know that this is the authorized dealer to go through here in the states: Comer CM-LBPS1800 On-Camera LED Light | L.A. Color Online, but there are a handful of companies on eBay selling it for about $50 cheaper and free shipping from Hong Kong (Comer NEW LBPS1800 LED Battery Video Light 4500/3200K | eBay). Are the lights from HK the same as the ones being sold here? I heard the Comers are Chinese to begin with anyway. The logos say Comer, but you never know. Should I try to save a few bucks?
Patrick Janka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 03:41 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Comer 1800 on eBay?

As an authorized dealer, I would recommend you not to buy from eBay. Mostly is.. warranty service. Say like if you drop the light and break the orange diffuser, we can send you the replacement part for free if the light is bought from us. If the light stop working or anything happened to the light, we will service it. If you buy from ebay seller, you won't get any after sale service from them. Even if they honor warranty, you will have to mail the light back to Hong Kong service. We provide domestic warranty. Shipping from Hong Kong will take 2 to 3 weeks.

We are also selling the second generation Comer 1800 light with dedicated On/Off switch and metal shoe. First generation comer light has plastic shoe that breaks easily.
Old November 18th, 2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: Comer 1800 on eBay?

Hi Patrick

For a mere $50 discount I would rather pay the tiny bit extra and most definately buy from Taky!! It will cost you money and a HUGE amount of time to send stuff back to HK!!! Besides what more can you ask for than having a Comer dealer right here on the forum to assist with your questions!!

Cheap sometimes becomes a lot more expensive!!!

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > Photon Management